Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have access to Victorian records please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have access to Victorian records please?

If anyone has access to Victorian records, could they sort out this mess for me please (confirm which is right and which is wrong

I have William Anslem Goring b 1865 m Louise M S Harris 1891
    with 5 children
    William Anslem 1892
    Eveline 1895 *
    Francis Evans Alex 1897 *
    Vera Elizabeth ??? died 1907 *
    Bertha Kate 1902 *

I then have

William Anslem Goring b 1892 m Annie Stella Ferguson 1914 and had 10 children
    Bertha Mary – (no date?????) *
    William Frederick 1914 <--- did he die in 1914 or 1929
    John Charles b 1915 *
    Thelma Truscott 1917 *
    Louisa 1920 *
    Frank Goring 1923
    Dorothy Annie 1924
    Beatrice May 1928 *
    William Francis 1929 *
    Lionel James 1931 *

* Did any of these marry?

I have inadvertently (at one stage) put the two wives to the one William. I've deleted the 2nd name now, but it shows he still has two wives even tho there is no name for this person nor kids - how do I delete this (in Family Tree Maker 10)
    jood sadly died in November 2019.

from the ancestry indexes (terrible transcriptions)

wm goring m.1891 louisa aitchison ref-8081

wm anselum fredk goring b.1892, yarrawonga. parents- wm anselum fred goring and louisa harris. ref 37786
    eveline goring b.1895, yarrawonga. parents- wm goring, louisa harris. ref 8325
    francis evans alex goring b.1897 yarrawonga. parents- wm aucelum fred goring and louisa harris. ref 7403
    vera elizth truscott goring b.1900 yarrawonga. parents- wm anshim fredk goring and louisa harris. ref 7651
    bertha kate groing b.1902 yarrawonga. parents- wm aucelem fred goring and louisa harris. ref 7068

Comment

i take it william anselm frederick goring was b.1865 wangaratta to anselm goring and fanny kate gleeson?

he may have d.1927, wangaratta. wm goring, 71, b.1856. ref 12681

Comment

beatrice may goring d.1928, yarrawonga. age 28 b.1900. parents- wm anselum fredk goring and annie stella ferguson.
        wm goring d.1928 yarrawonga. no age given. parents- wm anselum fredk goring and annie stella ferguson.

maybe this is loisa's husband?:
        wm snselum fredk goring d.1921, yarrawonga. 56, b.1865. father- wm anselum fred goring.

Comment

you won't find any marriages after 1921 for victoria. the indexes do not go that further in the state library or on the discs they made (which are the same).

Comment

amselm fredk wm goring and ann stella ferguson m.1914 ref 2006

poss: evelyn a. goring and thomas f. sullivan m.1921 narrandeera, nsw.

can't see anything else.

Comment

annie stella goring nee ferguson d.4 oct 1994 age 97 in monterey sydney. ryerson index.
              william anselum frederick goring d.8 sep 1976 in monterey sydney. ryerson index.

Comment

Thanks Kyle, that has sorted out the right parents. I guess the marriages aren't all that important after 1921.

The transcriptions of my g grandfathers name are very poor (I must say)

anselum
                anshim
                aucelum

No wonder I have trouble finding him ;D

It is supposed to be Anselm, but more often than not is Anslem

i take it william anselm frederick goring was b.1865 wangaratta to anselm goring and fanny kate gleeson?

he may have d.1927, wangaratta. wm goring, 71, b.1856. ref 12681
                Yes, correct (the birth) tho the death date I have is 14 March 1921 (Yarrawonga)
                Not sure who who the Wm Goring of Wangaratta is who died in 1927 - strange, because most of the Gorings were born in Wangaratta, and the William Gorings went to Yarrawonga.

poss: evelyn a. goring and thomas f. sullivan m.1921 narrandeera, nsw.
                Could this be Thomas EDWARD Sullivan?

Thank you again
                Last edited by jood; 20-09-12, 03:45.

Comment

Originally posted by jood View Post
                  I have inadvertently (at one stage) put the two wives to the one William. I've deleted the 2nd name now, but it shows he still has two wives even tho there is no name for this person nor kids - how do I delete this (in Family Tree Maker 10)
                  I have done the same in FTM 2012 and would be interested to know how to fix it as it is annoying.

Margaret

Comment

I have had the same problem, and I think this fixes it (for FTM2012). Have the husband showing, then go into Person options and Attach/Detach person. Detach him from the unwanted (unnamed) wife and this should clear the field.
                    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

hi,

the marriage states thomas f. sullivan, but nsw indexes are available for free on the nsw website.

Comment

Thanks, I should have realised it was NSW, sorry

Seems it is Frederick E

Margaret & Oz girl - let me know if and how you solved the problem - I havent tried it yet - wrong computer, but I have written to FTM, will let yhou kow what they say.

Comment

Originally posted by ozgirl View Post
                          I have had the same problem, and I think this fixes it (for FTM2012). Have the husband showing, then go into Person options and Attach/Detach person. Detach him from the unwanted (unnamed) wife and this should clear the field.
                          Yes! that worked great - thanks a lot. There's always something to learn isn't there?

Margaret

Comment

I think William Francis Goring died in Tasmania - not married it would seem from the death notice.

The Hobat Mercury 27 Mr 1936
                            GORING.-On March 25, 1936, at Cockle Creek, Recherche, William Francis Goring, aged 77 years. Requiescat in pace.
                            Diane
                            Sydney Australia
                            Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

Wow Oz girl - thanks so much - I was quite nervous as I thought I'd lose the wrong stuff. He is now showing as only having one wife!!!

Di - I already had my William Francis Goring as dying in 1928 (tho I have him born 1929)- at Yarrawonga - someone could possible confirm that. I'd love to claim the William Francis in Tasmania, but I don't have any left over !!

Comment

oh, well, they are hard to find in Trove, the Gorings. Have you tried NSW indexes, some of ours who lived along the border registered on both sides.
                                Diane
                                Sydney Australia
                                Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

Yes I have, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                  X