Not able to load FTM 16 onto windows virtual XP on windows 7 64

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not able to load FTM 16 onto windows virtual XP on windows 7 64

Bought windows 7 pro. so that I could use virtual pc and xp mode. I wanted to continue using FTM 16 because I like it. Has anyone done this? and maybe offer some suggestions. When trying to load I immediately get a small window stating catastrophic failure.

brian

Hi Brian,

I have been running FTM16 on Windows 7 with no problems by installing this update, it says that it is for Vista but I can assure you it works perfectly well with windows 7.

Hope this helps.
    Mary M

Comment

Originally posted by Mary M View Post
      Hi Brian,

I have been running FTM16 on Windows 7 with no problems by installing this update, it says that it is for Vista but I can assure you it works perfectly well with windows 7.

Hope this helps.
      Mary M
      Thanks Mary, this has been very frustrating for me. I like FTM16 much more than the newer versions. I had version 2011 loaded but had to uninstall it because I couldn't figure out how it worked, I was lost. I've put virtual pc and virtual xp on my windows 7 prof. computer. I was told that I could just pop in my FTM 16 disc and it would install into virtual xp without a hitch. Not so, it will not load into virtual xp. I get a warning that I have never seen before, very scary, "CATASTOPHIC FAILURE". After that I decided to re-install FTM 2011 and just live with it. I will have to get some sort of video classroom to instruct me on how to use this useless software. So much for technology.

All the best

brian

Comment

Working...
      X