anthony leopold preedy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anthony leopold preedy

can anybody help me find any information on my uncle. He was born in 1910. I cant find a death record and dont know the names of any children

Welcome to the forum.
    I'm moving this thread over to our Family History Research forum - hopefully some of the members will be able to help.
    Elaine

Comment

I can see a family tree which has been uploaded to Ancestry which shows that he married in 1944 in Malta.
      Did you know this and have you any idea if he returned to the UK at a later date?
      Elaine

Comment

Hi and welcome to the forum

Because you haven't given many details (like parents' names, place of birth etc) I Googled the name you are looking for and came up with some threads on other forums which I presume are yours. This one has several replies

Are you looking for additional information?
        Jackie

Comment

Originally posted by Night Owl View Post
          Hi and welcome to the forum

Because you haven't given many details (like parents' names, place of birth etc) I Googled the name you are looking for and came up with some threads on other forums which I presume are yours. This one has several replies

Are you looking for additional information?
          In case you haven't discovered it, there's a Gloucester BMD site - from which you can order certs if you wish - on which Anthony Leopold PREEDY's birth registration shows up, along with MMN.

Christine
          Last edited by Christine in Herts; 18-09-12, 18:02.
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I do know that he married in Malta and i believe he moved back to england, but after that i don't know what happened to him. I can't find a death record for him so i'm not sure if he died here or not. His parents were Ernest William Preedy and Mary Jane Daymond.

Comment

Do you have his date of birth?
              Elaine

Comment

he was born 5th of april 1910

Comment

According to the Ancestry trees, his date of birth is given as 5th April 1910. Using that birth date to search the death registration index nothing shows up for him.
                  The death registration index only goes up to 2006 so it's possible he died after that date.

I see on the Ancestry board that someone has suggested that there were two children born to Anthony and Theresa. You say you believed Anthony moved back to England - any idea if the children came back as well?
                  Elaine

Comment

thanks .. cross posted there!
                    Elaine

Comment

I know that he came back with his wife so i would of thought that if they had children they would of come back too. Is there anyway of checking deaths after 2006?

Comment

The birth that was found for you in China, for Gardner C Preedy

Slightly odd one because it looks as if the child may have been named after Anthony's first wife, but there is Michigan passenger list for 1951 which shows the child's name as Gardner Clarence Preedy, born 12 Dec 1947 - mother Mrs Roberta Preedy and father Arthur Preedy

.. so presumably not your family??
                        Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by stw123 View Post
                          . Is there anyway of checking deaths after 2006?
                          Not online. There are 5 or 6 places where they can be viewed in person - can't remember exactly where they are now, will see if I can find the list!
                          Elaine

Comment

do you think the other child couldof been anthony's

Comment

List of locations for viewing BMD index - under the section "Viewing full copies of the index"

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Governmentcitizensandrights/Registeringlifeevents/Familyhistoryandresearch/DG_175464
                              Elaine

Comment

do you think the other child couldof been anthony's
                                It's a possibility I suppose! I cannot see anything on the usual sites so you may need to get the birth certificate to confirm.
                                It would seem that Theresa Stone (nee Bugeja) was a widow at the time of the marriage to Anthony Preedy, her husband having died in 1940
                                Elaine

Comment

There are 6 people on Genes Reunited that have Anthony Leopold Preedy in their trees. Two of them also have Theresa Bugeja/Stone.

Don't know if you have already made contact - treeholder's names are Richard, Josephine, Ellie, Carol, Lynn and Jemma!
                                  Elaine

Comment

I have actually contacted several people a few months ago but have had no reply from anybody

Comment

I have actually contacted several people a few months ago but have had no reply from anybody
                                      That's a shame but sadly often happens. Some people load their trees on to the internet and then lose interest! They would normally receive an email when a message has been left, but if they have changed their email address then there is very little you can do.
                                      Elaine

Comment

Working...
                                      X