south shield leggs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• south shield leggs

I am trying to put together a legg family tree of my mother, hilda legg ( 1916- 1975 ). Her last surname was passfield. I have very little info about mums family, so any proven facts will help greatly. Her father was a miner, and mum had several siblings, including a brother john and a sister alice. All i really want is a family tree going back to my mums parents. A.t.b. Michael legg.

Hello Michael and welcome to the forum.

Using FreeBMD, I think your Mum's mother was probably a Colman before her marriage.
    In which case, these would seem to be Legg children, with a mother with the maiden name of Colman, born at South Shields.

William J born 1912
    E 1914
    H 1916
    A 1920
    F 1924.

I'll see if I can find a possible marriage and any earlier children

Jay

Just making sure that we don't have complete names in open forum for people who could be less than 100 years old. - Christine
    Last edited by Christine in Herts; 16-09-12, 21:27.
    Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Do you have her birth certificate
      Hilda Legg mothers maiden name Coleman District South Shields vol 10a page 1449

You can send for her birth cert to General Register Office http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/ce...es/default.asp

This should give info on her parents

Edna

Comment

William John Legg married Hannah Colman in 1909 in S Shields reg district

Jay
        Janet in Yorkshire

Comment

If I've found the correct parents, in 1911 they lived at 56 Thames St, South Shields, with a 9 month old daughter Emily (who I didn't include in my earlier list.)

William John was a hewer in a coal mine and was born c 1887 in Kingston, London.
          Hannah was born at South Shields c1892.

Jay
          Last edited by Janet in Yorkshire; 16-09-12, 18:44.
          Janet in Yorkshire

Comment

Hi Michael. I have news for you. Hilda had a sister Emily Legg who married an Atkinson in South Shields. They had a son who is married to my cousin and is still alive in South Shields. We can provide you with a detailed family history and first-hand information.
            Paul

Comment

Working...
            X