northumberland on familysearch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• northumberland on familysearch

familysearch has added images to browse through for northumberland (with a parish or 2 in cumberland and durham) from the northumberland archives service.

it seems to be from the description, similar to the county collections ancestry and findmypast have been uploading.

Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

Can anyone else view these? I just keep getting Image not available
    Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Comment

I signed in first then got image not available but it did tell me first that I had to view at Family History Centres and I had to be a signed in member before I got image not available.

Edna

Comment

It told me that as well, either there is a flaw in the system or what on earth is the point of telling people that things are available then saying they are not available !

Comment

hmm that is interesting. i just saw it, and was curious, but i didn't try to view images. maybe you must be a member, because they want them indexed?

Comment

It look as if the Northumberland Archives, or whoever holds the original records, have placed a restriction on how they are viewed.

This is from the Family Search website, and although the comment below relates to a different database, I presume the theory behind it is the same!
            Whenever possible, FamilySearch makes images available for all users. However, ultimate rights to view images on our website are granted by the record custodians.
            Elaine

Comment

From the FamilySearch wiki page relating to this database
              Question: Why can’t I view images, even after I have registered and signed in?
              Answer: The England, Northumberland, Miscellaneous Records is a limited publication collection. FamilySearch has rights to publish images online to the following groups for this collection: Family History Library and FamilySearch centers, LDS members, contributing organizations, and volunteers. If you are not a member of one of the above groups and cannot view the images from your home, you will be able to view them at a nearby FamilySearch center. See a list of FamilySearch centers.
              Does anyone do any volunteer transcribing for Family Search, if so does that mean you would have online access to these records?

https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/...)/Known_Issues
              Elaine

Comment

The full explanation is available here-
                Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

Cheers
                Guy
                Guy passed away October 2022

Comment

Thanks Guy.
                  When it says they are available for "volunteers", do you know whether this would relate to volunteer transcribers?
                  Elaine

Comment

Working...
                  X