Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To be or not to be.?

How common is this ?

The are two other people with trees listed on Ancestry both show Thomas Wildish, correct dates of birth and death, in Biddenden.

However those two show Father Edward Wildish [correct for me] his Wife Sarah, nee Bingham, where i have Sarah Webb as his mother, all the other children match as well.

One of us is maybe wrong or is it possible there are two identical families.

Now i have Thomas's birth cert and it clearly states his mother as Sarah Webb.
    I have found her living with her father and along with her first two children all match my Data.

All my census results match up datewise and name wise

So does my evidence point to me being correct

Peter

Have you asked them where they found the marriage to Sarah Bingham? If I have got the right family it appears to be pre 1837, so presume must be from parish registers.

Could Sarah have possibly been married before - so one of you has the maiden name, and the other has her married name?
    Elaine

Comment

I agree with that - without looking into it, it is a possibility of being married before.
      I have a close relative who has her maiden name alternate between 2 different names on all the children's birth certs (I have a full set).
      I haven't established a second marriage but did wonder if the mother's, mother had been remarried and that was why she was known by 2 different names - sometimes taking the surname of her real father and other times the father she was brought up with. I hope that makes sense??
      herky
      Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

So we can get an idea of what records you might be looking at, is this the family in 1851
        Begin your discovery today by exploring the world's largest online family history resource!

If not can you give us a census link or reference please.
        Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Stenning View Post
          I have found her living with her father and along with her first two children all match my Data.

r
          Which census are you referring to her.
          I can see that on the 1841 census she appears to be living in the same household as a Joseph Webb, aged 65 - if that's the one, how can you be sure it is her father?
          Elaine

Comment

Edward Wildish married Sarah Webb 1st May 1836 at Biddenden.
            Moggie

Baptism for Sarah Webb on 28th Mar 1810 at Biddenden
            parents Joseph & Mary.
            Last edited by maudarby; 14-09-12, 14:34.

Comment

It might be genuine (as in her having been married before) but on this evidence it seems unlikely.

The Ancestry trees are probably one copied from the other so that's only one other person with the different name! If you are doubting you own evidence I would ask them and if you don't get a reply leave a message on the bottom of the tree information.

Anne

Comment

There are about 6 people on Ancestry with one of my rellies in their tree married to a Jane Townsend which they got from copying my tree , I thought she was his Wife, but last year a Death of one of their Sons in Australia ,has Jane Lee as his Mother ,have since found the right marriage , but as I have now made my tree private the others all still say Jane Townsend.

Comment

I must admit it all points to her being Sarah Webb! As Anne suggested if you don't get a reply from the tree submitter then leave a message for them on the actual tree.
                  Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by maudarby View Post
                    Edward Wildish married Sarah Webb 1st May 1836 at Biddenden.
                    Moggie

Baptism for Sarah Webb on 28th Mar 1810 at Biddenden
                    parents Joseph & Mary.

Yes that is the info i had so it can only be the Sarah Webb staying with her father Joseph, because the two children match , although the ages of the children are at odds with the next census thier birth year does match those given.

I am a sure as i can be its her father.

I cant even find a marraige for Sarah Bingham to Edward Wildish on the sites i have acces to.

I am not at home at this moment but will post what i have when i get in tonight.

Comment

Not sure if you have noticed but on the 1841 census where Sarah is in the same household as Joseph Webb, there is also another child - Caroline Webb.
                      If you look on FamilySearch there is a baptism for a Caroline Webb - 4 March 1832, Biddenden - mother Sarah Webb - so possibly an illegitimate daughter.

Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.
                      Elaine

Comment

I have messaged one of the tree owners on ancestry and i am waiting to see if i get a reply as to where Sarah Bingham comes from.

Caroline Webb did make me wonder where she came into this but i don't have Family search to check on sadly.

Comment

Familysearch is a free site and anyone can access iot, just click the link that Elaine has given for the site and you will see the copy

Edna

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Stenning View Post
                            I have messaged one of the tree owners on ancestry and i am waiting to see if i get a reply as to where Sarah Bingham comes from.

Caroline Webb did make me wonder where she came into this but i don't have Family search to check on sadly.
                            Hi
                            I think the tree owner may have jumped to the wrong conclusion from the 1851 census.
                            There was a link between the Bingham & the Webb/ Wildish family.
                            Edward Wildish born c 1837 is down as the nephew of Edward Bingham.

You need to go back a page to view Edward Bingham.
                            Moggie

There is a marriage on Familysearch between an Edward Bingham & Mary Webb 15th Nov 1814 Biddenden.
                            Last edited by maudarby; 16-09-12, 15:43.

Comment

How stupid of me i read the link on my works PC and of course Family search is not on there .

Comment

Working...
                              X