Ancestry New records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry New records

At the moment im trying to get an answer as to how you get past the first page on the New Records and not getting much luck with them at all. See below email (starts from the bottom with the most recent answer at the top). Unfortunatley they do not seem to understand what it is I am asking of them

Dear Robyne,

Thank you for contacting Ancestry.co.uk regarding when records will be added to the site.

Thank you for contacting Ancestry.com. We appreciate your feedback and are committed to providing excellent customer service. We appreciate your interest in New Records. At Ancestry.com, we are constantly searching for new records that will help our subscribers find their ancestors. There are many factors that go into selecting records to be added to the site. We prioritize our search based on what subscribers tell us they need the most. Of course, once found, not all records are available to us from the archive or repository that holds them. At this time we do not have any specific information to share on the records you’ve asked about. Please check the “What’s New” section of our website often at http://www.ancestry.com/cs/reccol/default. If you have any questions regarding any other matters pertaining to Ancestry.com, please do not hesitate to contact us by responding to this email.

If you need additional assistance, please feel free contact us by phone at 0-800-404-9723 from 9 AM to 10 PM GMT, Monday through Friday or from 9 AM - 8 PM GMT, Saturday and Sunday.

Best regards,

Chance

Customer By Email (Robyne Oliver) 09/13/2012 11:40 AM
    Hi

Not sure how better to explain but I have attached a screen print which shows the bottom of the “New Records” page. There appear to have been many records update on the 6/9 but you cannot go back further than this one page

Response Via Email (Emmalee) 09/13/2012 06:21 AM
    Dear Robyne,

Thank you for contacting Ancestry.co.uk regarding the new records page. With the information provided, we are not sure of the best way to help you with this issue. So that we can provide the best assistance possible, please provide as much information as you can about what you are experiencing. Information about what you are doing when the issue occurs, where the issue is occurring, and any unexpected results will help us provide the best and most accurate response possible.
    If you need additional assistance, please feel free contact us by phone at 0-800-404-9723 from 9 AM to 10 PM GMT, Monday through Friday or from 9 AM - 8 PM GMT, Saturday and Sunday.

Best regards,

Emmalee

Hi

Can you please confirm when you are going to sort out the New Records page, there is currently no way of getting past the letter N

Many thanks

Robyne Oliver
    Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

It's very annoying Robyne - your request to them seems pretty clear to me!

I did find that if you change the option from UK record collection to All Countries then it went past the letter N - but it doesn't always work!
    Now when I go back to United Kingdom collection tab I am sometimes getting G to the end of the alphabet, plus A-C
    Elaine

Comment

I did reply back trying to spell it out in words of one syllable what it was i wanted to know!
      Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Comment

Ive had a response but not much of one

Dear Robyne,

Thank you for contacting Ancestry.co.uk regarding the New Records page.

You will not be able to move between various pages. This page will only show so many databases that have been added. They are also arranged by date, not really in alphabetical order. I see databases listed that start with a letter after N. There wont be changes to the way this page works, only the databases that will be added.
        Robyne

Comment

If you go to the Card Catalogue on the Search Menu, filter to UK records, then sort by Date Added you get 5 pages of new collections. They might be some of the ones added from that date.
          Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

I find it really irritating, too - and more so, when you get platitude answers to questions you hadn't asked, but no reply to your actual questions.

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
            X