any ideas on this death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any ideas on this death

Reuben RIVERS a Shoemaker ,sometimes John Rivers or Ravers ? born abt 1826 Germany last found in 1891 in The Workhouse St Geo in the East
    Cannot find him in 1901 or his death ? any help appreciated , I know my lot are a pain to research.
    this is him in 1891

Last edited by Guest; 13-09-12, 21:21.

Well so far Val there is no sign of a John Rivers death of the right age up to 1911 and no Rueben (or variation of) up to 1911 either.
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

I found a Rivers R.H, Warrant Officer, Prisoners of War on Find My Past but now that I think about it he wouldn't have been alive during the second world war would he?
      Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

Comment

thanks Chrissie for trying , I suppose he could have lived longer ? but it seems unlikely , and thanks Lennon but as you say he wouldn't have been alive probably then.

Comment

The one thing I've noticed about Germany is that they tend to try and get rid of as much evidence as possible if the person has been imprissoned and weren't workhouses also counted as prisons during those times?
          Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

Comment

I must admit I have not heard of workhouse being prisons ??

Comment

Nor have I Val and I'm not sure how the Germans would manage to destroy the records of an English workhouse anyway?

OC

Comment

Non of his children lived in Henley did they Val? There is a John Rivers death aged 91 in March 1913 Henley 3a 1254
                Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

I only know of one Son Chrissie and he married my Great Grandmother Emily Kemp , remember her ? he was around Whitechapel and Stepney areas.
                  lol OC

Comment

I may be way off track but the is a John Rivers d. Dec qtr 1895 Colchester Essex b.circa 1823.

I only add it in to the mix as I found an ancestor who I had found previously in a London workhouse inmate in an Essex workhouse (cannot remember if Colchester or Chelmsford) on the census just prior to his death.
                    Last edited by bubblebelle; 13-09-12, 23:04.
                    Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

what year is that Bubble?

Comment

Sorry 1895
                        Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

thanks for that off to have a look

Comment

how coincidental in 1891 Colchester Essex there is a John Rivers Shoemaker born abt 1821 Bramford ? so that is more than likely his death , plus I cannot find him in 1901 but thanks for looking.

Comment

Glad you were able to discount him tho'

I cannot find any Reubens, wildcards are all Rodgers.
                              Bubblebelle x

Comment

doesn't surprise me ,his son Herman called himself Harry I've not had any luck with my lot this week am getting despondant.

Comment

I found Herman too but they only appear together once as far as I could see. He has some interesting transcriptions. Tried them with Reuben and John but no luck I'm afraid.
                                  Bubblebelle x

Comment

His sons death says Harry Ravers, so was hoping his father would say John Ravers or Rivers? so frustrating

Comment

I think I may have followed the wrong Herman, but there were still some interesting transcriptions.

Time for bed. Good luck in your search
                                      Bubblebelle x

Comment

thanks and night , I might give this a rest for a year or two.

Comment

Working...
                                        X