• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post 1901 census info please

I seem to be asking for a fair few look ups recently... Sorry

I am looking for information for the Thomas family post 1901

James Thomas, publisher manager b 1867
    Annie Marie Thomas nee South b, 1870 Lambeth

were living 95 The Avenue Walthamstow in 1901 along with children Florence A.b.1892, James G b.1895 Norah V b.1897
    Jessie E. b.1898 and Hazel A 1900, all born in Walthamstow.

I have not been able to find them on 1911 census, and wonder whether they may have emigrated as I have not really been able to find anything concrete for any of them in the UK.

Sadly I only have UK subscription, so wonder if someone would be kind enough to check re emigration as there is a high incidence of emigration, mainly Canada, amongst their extended family.

Thank you for your time.
    Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

got them going out to Australia in 1904 have pmd you
    Last edited by Guest; 13-09-12, 10:27.

Comment

The son, James Guy Thomas, was in the Australian Army in WW1. His service record can be viewed here (click on the "View Digital copy" link on the right hand side)

Jackie

Comment

I just came too late to tell you I was looking Bubblebell but I see that they have been found. I just wanted to add though that you never need to apologise for asking for help. That's what this section is for:D
        Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Thank you all.

Have replied to your kind offer Val, once again thanks.

Nightowl thank you too, next job will look at the link.

Chrissie, thank you for the reassurrance. I am like you in that I come to a thread too late etc, but it is good to know that you guys, well gals, are here to help.
          Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

It's not functioning at the moment, but you might find this site useful, once it's back online: http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/search?adv=y

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thank you for that link Christine. As you say it is down at the moment but looking forward to having a look. I have several ancestors who emigrated to Australia, so it will be interesting what I can find.
              Bubblebelle x

Comment

Working...
              X