I've been found!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been found!

2 years ago I posted a message on Ancestry looking for the adopted daughter of my Mum's cousin. (Sadly Mum's cousin died when her adopted baby daughter was a few months old.)

The only information I put in my message was the baby's DOB and the hospital where she was born.

It was gone 11'clock one night last month when I suddenly had an email from Ancestry notifying me of a reply to my 2 year od message! It was the daughter of my Mum's cousin! She had seen various messages I had posted about her mother's mother etc and had tried to reply, but as she didn't suscribe to any of the genealogy websites..she was getting nowhere.

Well I don't know if it was a flook that she managed to relpy to my message or what, but as she had posted her email address I replied to her directly. Best of all..we discovered we only live about 10 miles from one another!
    So they both came over to visit me on August bank holiday Monday!
    Hugs all round..and what a wonderful day we had....and many more to come.
    teresa

that sounds exciting how wonderful for you,

Comment

Great News,

Just shows you how our messages can catch up with us by those we leave them for, happy families.

Edna

Comment

Thank God I posted that message!

I can't see how else I would have found an adopted person otherwise.
        teresa

Comment

Thank God I posted that message!

I can't see how else I would have found an adopted person otherwise.

Well it is possible if you know their birth name to put your name on the Adoption Contact register held by GRO so that if the adopted person was looking for family they would be alerted to your interest when they started searching.
          Margaret

Comment

How lovely for you all, and a lot of catching up to do.

I myself found an obituary just this week of my Dad's half sisters daughter in Canada with lots of info and I think I have tracked them down.

Letter in the post. Fingers crossed they are the right people (which I am pretty certain of|) and that they are interested.

Linda

Comment

What lovely news! Thank you for sharing it with us.

Christine
              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
              X