Another bind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another bind

Soo I'm in yet another bind. My Welsh G G Granddad moved over here to Stockton-On-Tees, married and had children. During the last part of his life he lived near Oxbridge Lane Cemetery (more or less round the corner). That was the 1881 census, I couldn't find an address within the 1891 census but I do know that in the 1901 census Evan has gone and in the 1911 his wife is still alive, we know his wife died in 1925 but what happened to Evan?

I've used Stockton Roots and I was given 2 entries for an Evan Thomas but it just can't be mine as the ages don't mix. In every census Evan has put his birth year as abt 1833 but one burial record was from 1903, the other was in 1895. The 1903 one is coming out as aged 39 and the 1895 one as 53 but that just doesn't make sence, going on the birth year of 1833 it would make Evan 63 in the 1895 burial.

So what happened to him? Unless he was taken home?
    Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

Can you give the details of the censuses so I can have a look please.
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

oops sorry.. I'll send a link over..

Comment

Is Sunderland anywhere close? - there is a death in 1898, aged 68 = bc 1830
        herky
        Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Originally posted by lennon2011 View Post
          oops sorry.. I'll send a link over..
          Thanks
          herky

Comment

Oddly enough I've just spotted a birth of 1841 in the 1881 census but the others do all say 1833, unless his got mixed up with his wifes?

Comment

In 1881 he b c 1841 - if I have the correct census????

oops - just read your post
              Last edited by herky; 11-09-12, 17:58.
              herky

Comment

*snickers* it's perfectly alright herky..

Comment

What about a death in Stockton in 1895, aged 53 = bc 1842
                  Stockton, Durham
                  10a 23 1Q 1895
                  Last edited by herky; 11-09-12, 18:02.
                  herky

Comment

I did get that death but due to the birth of 1833 the ages didn't make sence but if the year was wrong then it could just be him..

Comment

does that mean you have the 1895 death certificate? if not, i think it could answer all your questions.

Comment

Working...
                      X