Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ordering A British Death Certificate from Overseas.............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordering A British Death Certificate from Overseas.............

I've been asked by a friend in Australia how she would obtain a certificate for a death which occurred in Wales in the 1850's. Not having had to face this, I haven't a clue, so thought I'd better ask...............

Any help will be much appreciated.

Gwyn
    Freya - a lovely, funny human-friendly disaster waiting to happen....

think you just order them in the normal way from the GRO

Comment

Order on line via the GRO - pay by credit card.
      The cost of the certificate, which is £9.25, includes worldwide delivery.
      Last one I ordered, which was a couple of weeks ago, took 12 days to get to Spain .. so allow a few more days for it to reach "down under".

Elaine

Comment

Presume she has the GRO registration details - or you can find them for her. If not post the details and I am sure someone will help!
        Elaine

Comment

Thanks for your help. I'll pass the details on.

Gwyn
          Freya - a lovely, funny human-friendly disaster waiting to happen....

Comment

Make sure she goes to the official GRO site - can get confused if you google and these sites charge the earth.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

cheers for that link, makes my ordering a whole lot easier..
              Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

Comment

Yeah so what does this part mean? I haven't recieved any emails with a reference:
                Your reference for the application
                Please type your personal reference for this application

Comment

lennon

That is intended for people who order loads of certs (professional researchers) who have their own reference numbers so they can match up what they ordered with who they ordered it for.

Most of the rest of us can remember what they ordered anmd why! Just leave that bit blank.

OC

Comment

You don't need to put anything in the reference box if you don't want to.
                    Perhaps if you were running a business or ordering a lot of certificates at the same time, it could be useful to give each application their own reference just so you can keep track on what has been ordered and what has been received.
                    Elaine

Comment

snap!
                      Elaine

Comment

phew, I thought it may have been a number in an email as you normally do get that.. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Comment

I just stick the name in that it refers to ie Mary Smith nee Bloggs or whatever especially if the surname is spelt differently on the certificate. It's only your own reference so won't affect the order.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

certs arrive 14 days after ordering in australia. the odd one takes a bit longer, but normally is quite good.

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
                              certs arrive 14 days after ordering in australia. the odd one takes a bit longer, but normally is quite good.

I've never longer than 14 days for a cert to OZ.....I've waited 6 WEEKS for one posted 20kms away though....lol

Comment

How long do these things normally take to arrive?

Comment

Usually about 8-10 days, depending on how busy they are. We normally find when a series of Who Do You Think You Are is being televised they take a while longer ... everyone gets the family history bug!
                                  When you place your order with the GRO it tells you on the checkout page what the expected despatch date will be.
                                  Elaine

Comment

Just checked on a recent one I ordered, the despatch date is also on the confirmation email you receive when you have placed an order.
                                    Elaine

Comment

Thanks for that Elaine, it got dispatched on the 17th, I kinda have this fear that I'm going to get the wrong one.

Comment

Originally posted by lennon2011 View Post
                                        Thanks for that Elaine, it got dispatched on the 17th, I kinda have this fear that I'm going to get the wrong one.
                                        you take that risk with every one you order.

Comment

Working...
                                        X