Peacock Wedding help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peacock Wedding help please

So I've got James Peacock married to Sarah with the following children in the 1891 census:
    I have both James and Sarah aged 42 putting a birth year of 1849 but I can't find a marraige for them.
    James was born in Stockton-on-tees, Durham and Sarah was born in Scaldwell, Northamptonshire.

I know it's the correct family as Thomas married Frances Dack who then had Charles Fredrick who married Majorie Bailey who had Nanna and her sister who shall not be named.
    John Peacock
    Thomas Peacock
    James Peacock
    Annie Peacock
    Joseph Peacock
    Mary Elizabeth Peacock
    Ellen Peacock
    Sarah Alice Peacock
    Robert Peacock

Please don't just copy and paste from other genealogy sites: you will be in breach of their T&Cs, and therefore in breach of FTF T&Cs. - Christine
    Last edited by Christine in Herts; 09-09-12, 13:02. Reason: Copy&Paste - see FTF T&Cs
    Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

Do these look like possibilities :

1. James Peacock to Sarah Pape, Stockton Registration District, Q4 1871, 10a, 185
    2. James Peacock to Sarah Corby, Stockton Registration District, Q1 1872, 10a, 91

STG
    Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

Comment

James was single in 1871, and the first child was born about 1873, so either of those look possible.

There's no likely marriage in Northants, but in 1871, there's a Sarah Corby from Northants living in Stockton, so the 1872 marriage in Stockton is pretty certain to be the right one.
      Last edited by Mary from Italy; 09-09-12, 00:17.

Comment

Have you bought the birth certificate for at least one of the children??

That would tell you Sarah's maiden name
        My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

you'd still need a bith cert to confirm

There is a Sarah Corby Born Scaldwell in 1849, living there in 1851.
          Father Thomas, Mother sarah, sibs Joseph, Harriet, Robert, Jane,
          Thomas and week old Francis

By 1861 they Have trotted off to Weston Favell, and Harriet appears to have married( Mutton) Sarah is still there age 12
          Last edited by Jessbowbag; 09-09-12, 07:38.
          Jess

Comment

If you find them in 1911, that will give you an approximate length of time for how long (they claim) they have been married.

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks for the help guys, I will be buying the birth certificate of Thomas since I know more about him. I have James parents and oddly enough they lived next door to their Son..

Comment

There appear to be no PAPE birth registrations in the period 1840-1860 in Northants, and most instances of PAPE births appear to be in the northern part of the country.

There is a Sarah CORBY birth reg in Brixworth (the relevant District) in 1849q1.

The My Roots Stockton-on-Tees BMD site doesn't seem to have the mmn included in their index yet - tho' there's a slot for it once it's done. And I should have said that, of the two possible women in the 1872 Stockton marriage, the My Roots at Stockton site matches Sarah CORBY with James PEACOCK.

Christine
                Last edited by Christine in Herts; 09-09-12, 13:45.
                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

oddly enough I've just tried to confirm the wedding of his parents on that site but i didn't think about James. I.AM.SUCH.AN.IDIOT!!

Comment

Working...
                  X