Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Never give up having a 'Google' anything can happen!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never give up having a 'Google' anything can happen!

Every so often I Google names that I am having trouble finding any other way to see if anything comes up.

Today I am so excited as I googled my Dad's long lost relatives' name in Canada and up came an obituary for Dorothy Helen Seyeau, his half sisters daughter with a photo of her and lots of information, she only died on 12 July this year, so obviously that's why when I've googled previously nothing has come up. There are also lots of photos of her as a child and I believe one of her being held as a baby by my Dad's half sister

You can also leave a message and your email address...I do hope someone contacts me......fingers crossed

Linda
    Last edited by Loopy Linda in La La Land; 07-09-12, 19:47.

Oh that does sound hopeful! Good that you've traced some info like that.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

A bit more positive than my recent Google - turned up an obituary for my father's cousin 3 years ago - no-one in the family knew he'd died.
      Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Whoops...I must admit I felt a bit bad after I thought about it.....but I never knew her and neither did my Dad...So then didn't feel so bad

Linda

Comment

I've even found some folk on Wikipedia! Just recently, Samuel Goodenough (Bishop of Carlisle around 1800) and one of his sons.

Just about to put some info in this connection on a fresh thread.
          Last edited by col48; 08-09-12, 11:00.

Comment

Working...
          X