FOUND VIA FAMILY SEARCH. THANK YOU

Please can someone help find this family in the 1901 census

Father William Youell is boarding in Norfolk

I am looking for his wife and children

wife Jane M Youell b. Bungay Suffolk 1863

William John Charlish b.Beccles 1884 her son

Henry E Youell b. Beccles 1886

Percy Sydney Youell c. Beccles 1888

also Minnie, Herbert, Walter, George, Jack and Thomas all born in Beccles.

I have searched usual mistranscriptions eg Yowell, Yonell but still haven't found them.

There is another daughter Laura, who I believe is in service, but according to the 1911 census I have one more child to find hence I want to check the 1901 census

Thank you...
    Last edited by bubblebelle; 06-09-12, 10:58. Reason: COMPLETED
    Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Whoops found on familysearch!!!

Missing child Annie b circa 1892.
    Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by bubblebelle View Post
      Whoops found on familysearch!!!

Missing child Annie b circa 1892.
      Were they mistranscribed?

Margaret

Comment

I don't know Margaret. My subscription is to Ancestry. I believe FamilySearch are linked to findmypast. I thought I would check to see if there were any baptisms and the 1901 census details came up.
        Bubblebelle x

Comment

Thanks very much Elaine... thats a new one (mistranscription-although perhaps most appropriate)
          Bubblebelle x

Comment

I looked at the image and Yovell looks like a plausible mistranscription.

PS. findmypast (where I looked) has Youell as the transcription. (piece 1799 folio 21 page 7)
            Last edited by col48; 08-09-12, 13:44. Reason: added PS

Comment

Thanks col48. You would not believe some of the mistranscriptions.

A favourite is Yowell, also Ywel, Yonnell, Jonel, Zonell, and one beginning with T which I can't remember, so Yovell seems perfectly reasonable.

and yes it is the right family.

Thanks everyone.
              Bubblebelle x

Comment

Working...
              X