Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wills

hi can someone tell me please can i find a will online? thanks

ancestry have an index for England and Wales Probate 1885-1966 and they have a search category of Wills and Probate http://search.ancestry.co.uk/search/db.aspx?dbid=1904. Wills and Probate before 1858 are on the national Archives.

Ireland has it's own database as does Scotland.

Margaret

Comment

For 1858 -1966 you only get the reference for where and when the Will was proved and then have to send off for a paper copy. For wills before 1858 the national archives have them online to buy.

Margaret

Comment

ive found it but cant view it as im not subscribed, is there anyone that could look it up for me please, arthur E Clark, died 1939 Bristol, thank you so much

Comment

oh ok thanks for that, maybe ill go to the probate office in town and see if it is there, thanks again

Comment

national archives only wills proved in southern england before 1858 by the canterbury court. there are a few from northern england, but not many. i know of many wills they do not have, because they were not proved in canterbury.

Comment

hmmm, katrix, a favor? if you have a little extra time when you're at the RO, please send me a PM????

Comment

Originally posted by kartrix View Post
                ive found it but cant view it as im not subscribed, is there anyone that could look it up for me please, arthur E Clark, died 1939 Bristol, thank you so much
                Yes Probate was granted at Bristol on 5 May 1939 following the death on 10 March. It was granted to widow Kate Clark for the sum of £125 11s 10d

Margaret

Comment

Working...
                X