The Joys of Family Research.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Joys of Family Research.

I'm only transcribing so please dont search any Registers.
    The problem arose from a Baptism for a Mary Jane Taylor at St Lukes, Liverpool 7/8/1870. Her parents George B????? Taylor and Mary Taylor. I couldnt decipher the 2nd christian name so thought I'd check Ancestry & FamilyResearch to see if the records there would help.
    As ever there were quite a lot of options with Mary Jane but none gave a clue to the father's full name.
    I did see a Christening also for a Mary Jane Taylor born 11/5/70 at St Peters Liverpool to parents George & Mary Taylor.
    Is it the same family, who knows? just part of the Joys of Researching..................and I still dont know the father's full name!

I took a peek at the record... interesting church you have. St Luke's is the famous 'bombed out church' that still remains on the corner of Berry Street and Leece Street, Liverpool bombed in May 1941. I am pretty sure the name is George Brodbelt Taylor. I did a google and Brodbelt is normally a surname... That's what the transcriber thought as well. You may bear that in mind as you go back in time as it could be his mothers maiden name or a much admired aunt or uncle. Also, the address... I found a similar one many years ago and it could be 1(st) house, 2(nd) Court and it is certainly Pembroke Street which is about half a mile from the church. Ahhhh... just spotted your location on the Wirral so I am sure you know most of these facts... but I have started so I will finish

On Ancestry for George Brodbelt Taylor one born in Liverpool 1865 (maybe a son) and one living in Manchester in 1911
    John

Brick wall in Ireland demolished after 25 years! Looking for any more Carrolls of Stradbally Parish, Waterford in particular Thomas Carroll b1861 married Bridget Leavy 1896 in QLD Australia..chipping away!

Comment

I have found a baptism on Lan Opc for George Broadbelt Taylor at St Nick's I will send the details by PM born 1839 baptised 1852 child of John Thomas Taylor and Mary Annie father a horse hair curler.

Edna

Same day baptism for James Steele Taylor same parents
      Last edited by clematised; 04-09-12, 10:51. Reason: additional info

Comment

Thanks John, you would have to come from Liverpool to know about the bombed out church and for Edna thanks also, have replied to your pm.

Comment

Working...
        X