reeve family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reeve family

Hi, my father's (George Alfred Reeve of Balderton, Notts) first wife was Olive Bloomfield, they met and married in Surrey.
    Olive lived in Warren street Derby till mid 1950's with her children name removed and name removed.
    G.... married A..... and had daughters, names removed somewhere I have (or had) a half brother and half sister plus the nieces. if any of these names are familiar please contact me. Gino Reeve in Oz.
    Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 03-09-12, 09:48. Reason: names removed of possible living people

Welcome to the forum. First off though if any of these people could still be alive you should not publish their names on here and need to edit your post accordingly.

If anyone can help they can contact you through the private message system for details. You will see these messages on the notifications tab at the top of the page. It might help people to know what years these people were born, married etc and if deceased the date of death.

It is not clear from what you say what research you have done to find these names so it would help to know so we don't go over old ground.

Finally you can check if any members on here are researching the same family by looking under the Gedcom tab where people have posted the names they are interested in.

You might like to check Genesreunited too as many people have trees on there.

Margaret

Comment

I see the marriage was in 1925 and that the two children were born in 1926 and 1929 respectively. There is also a possible third child b1934 but in a different county so may not be related.

Margaret

Comment

Welcome to the forum, Gino.

As Margaret said, we do not allow the names of living people on the open forum so I have had to edit your first post. If you know they are deceased then the names can be reinstated.

If anyone thinks they might be able to help they will send you a PM (personal message).
        Elaine

Comment

Thanks Margaret, I wasn't aware of the third child, what is the source of your information? Gino.

Comment

Originally posted by gino reeve View Post
            Thanks Margaret, I wasn't aware of the third child, what is the source of your information? Gino.
            Well it may not be theirs but the surname and mother's maiden name are the same so it's possible - the place for the first 2 births is Newark with the county given as Derbyshire, but that's now in Nottinghamshire. The third child is registered in Plomesgate which is in Suffolk. I got the information from ancestry on their index of BMDs -if you aren't a subscriber then you might find them on FreeBMD otherwise I can send the details by PM.

Margaret
            PS they are on freebmd http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl
            Last edited by margaretmarch; 03-09-12, 14:37.

Comment

Thanks again Margaret, it seems a very real possibility. Dad was in Essex when he met my mother in 1936 after the break up of his marriage to Olive. I will check that further. Gino.

Comment

Well that might be right then as it says Essex on the index but when I checked back for the district it shows East Suffolk.

Let me know if you need any information of what I found.
                Margaret

Comment

If this thread is likely to wander into sensitive realms, perhaps it should be moved?

Christine
                  Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Originally posted by Christine in Herts View Post
                    If this thread is likely to wander into sensitive realms, perhaps it should be moved?

Christine
                    Depends what you mean by sensitive. It's not about adoption but two halves of a family and as all the names are unlikely to be mentioned then I don't suppose it will.

Margaret

Comment

Any information would be helpful Margaret as I am a world away from England. Confirmation of all possibilities by purchasing copies of birth/marriage certificates can be quite expensive so I only resort to this the likely hood is most promising. Thanks again Gino.

Comment

Hi Christine, I can see what you mean but if this chap is indeed my half brother I would like to confirm it. If however there is no blood relationship that will be the end of it. Gino in Oz.

Comment

Gino, send me a PM with the details again and I'll see what I can find.

Margaret

Comment

Working...
                          X