Edith Dorothy Ireland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edith Dorothy Ireland

im looking for details of edith dorothy ireland, she was born coventry 1913 and married harry Reynolds, they had 3 boys, its ediths family that im looking for can anyone help please, thanks

If you have Edith's birth information, then you should be able to get information from her birth cert which should help you on your way. Incidentally, are you confident that Edith not still alive (and very elderly)? I can't easily see a death registration (tho' my access is to databases only up to 2006). If she is alive, then (as you'll have seen in the FTF T&Cs), her name should not be explicit in your post!.

Christine
    Last edited by Christine in Herts; 01-09-12, 17:51.
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

There are a few public trees on Ancestry for Edith - do you have a subscription, if so it might be worth contacting the tree submitters.

If you don't have a subscription to Ancestry you should be able to access these trees and contact the tree owners via Ancestry's "sister" site which is called Mundia.
      Ancestry® helps you understand your genealogy. A family tree takes you back generations—the world's largest collection of online family history records makes it easy to trace your lineage.
      Elaine

Comment

On the Ancestry trees it appears that Edith died in 2000 (Coventry).

(There was apparently a second marriage to William G Rexworthy)
        Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
          On the Ancestry trees it appears that Edith died in 2000 (Coventry).

(There was apparently a second marriage to William G Rexworthy)
          That works - it gives her DoB as 21 Dec 1912 - which would be likely to generate the 1913q1 birth registration.

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

ok thanks, i was wondering if she had any siblings but i got a bit confused looking, ill try again thanks for your help

Comment

Originally posted by kartrix View Post
              ok thanks, i was wondering if she had any siblings but i got a bit confused looking, ill try again thanks for your help
              If you search for the birth of anyone with her maiden name (IRELAND), plus the same mother's maiden name as she has - especially with the same registration district, you have probably (though not absolutely certainly) found siblings if they are born within a reasonable time-frame. The MMN isn't available before the Sep-Q of 1911. Searching from 1912, there appear to be several probables.

Christine
              Last edited by Christine in Herts; 01-09-12, 18:03.

Comment

hi, Ediths parents were Robert Ireland(1888) and Ada sephton(1880) as far as i know but i cant find any siblings i dont know if im doing something wrong

Comment

i am ediths grandaughter

Comment

Hi, Lucy.

Welcome to FTF.

It might be worth sending kartrix a personal message. The last visit date given is October, so kartrix may not be visiting all that often. If you send a PM, that may trigger an alert-email to a personal email address, depending on settings.

Christine

Comment

Don't forget, both, that if you want to exchange info that is better not on open forum, you can use the Personal Message system here.

Christine

Comment

thanks, just realised what i did. sent pm instead

Comment

Working...
                        X