All from one letter!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All from one letter!

Doing some tidying up today and OH found an old letter written to his grandmother (in 1967) from her "Auntie Anne". I knew that there were some brothers and sisters of her father that I had never managed to track down, so had a look, and there was Anne, vanished after 1911. Anyway I think I have managed to trace her marriage, and death of her husband in Australia, but so far not her death. Then I noticed in the letter she mentioned visiting Jess, and he was not too well. I knew that one of her brothers was Jesse, again missing after 1911, so did a little checking, and yes it is him. On the Australian electoral rolls he is living with Henry - yet another of the vanishing siblings, and then I found brother Joseph also on the death register.

That left me with only one unaccounted for, so a bit of searching later, I think I have found her marriage and death, and she is also on a tree on Ancestry so have written to the owner for more info. So in the end 6 of the 9 siblings went out to Australia!

Anyway, to get to the point, I think I have found the last ones journey out to Aus in 1912, on FMP but have no more credits, so wonder if someone can have a quick look to see if there is any more info, especially if she was travelling with anyone.

Ettie Barnett, born 1884, travelling out to Sydney from London in 1912.

And all this from just one letter, talking mostly about the weather and aches and pains! :D
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Hettie Barnett aged 28 Domestic travelled 3rd Class on the ship Orsova 21st November 1912.

Travelling alone.

Linda

Comment

Thanks Linda
      Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

I don't think there will be many letters from now for future generations to find, what with all our paperless communication.

Comment

Working...
        X