USA marriages anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA marriages anyone?

Frederick Colthup married Jennie Baird and they had 3 children that I know of after they emigrated to the US: Francis, Emma and Agnes. In the 1940 US Census (free on Ancestry this weekend) Emma is with Frank and Clara Darling and she is described as sister-in-law. Possibly Emma had a sister Clara that I did not know of. Is there anyone who can check for a marriage between Frank Darling and Clara Colthup. Or maybe a search for Frank Darling and Clara ????? Or a birth of Clara Colthup around 1884 in New York. The spelling was inconsistent so it might be recorded as Coltharp or similar.
    Last edited by webwiz; 31-08-12, 18:17.
    People: Canton, Wiseman, Colthup, Scrace
    Places: Pembrokeshire, Kent.

On Family Search there is a 1905 New York state census which shows a Clara Colthup
    Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

Is this the right family?
    Elaine

Comment

It certainly is, although Jeannie is described as Jane.

Thankyou Elaine
      People: Canton, Wiseman, Colthup, Scrace
      Places: Pembrokeshire, Kent.

Comment

I can't see a marriage for her but you could try following her through the census to see if that helps.
        You can view transcriptions on Family Search - https://www.familysearch.org/search/...=UNITED_STATES
        Elaine

Comment

Working...
        X