BATTERSEA NEW CEMETERY, MORDEN, SURREY - Frederick Jones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cemetery: BATTERSEA NEW CEMETERY, MORDEN, SURREY - Frederick Jones

After many years searching I think I may have found where my great-grandfather, Frederick Jones, is buried. Details on familysearch.org show someone by that name was buried on 20th December 1905 (my Frederick died 16th December in Surrey although was living in west London) and that he was aged 43 (which my Frederick would have been). I would like to find out if there is a gravestone and if so, what is on it. As I live in Wales, but do go to London from time to time, it would be very helpful to find this out before setting out. Is anyone able to help?

With many thanks.Frederick William Jones.jpg

There could be burial books for the year at that cemetery which would give you the name and address of the person who paid for the grave if it was not a public grave, you could try contacting the archives local to the area and ask how much would it cost if it is possible to get this information for you from these books.

Edna

Comment

Battersea New Cemetery comes under London Borough of Wandsworth. Here are the contact details for burial records.

My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

Originally posted by LangleyValeSue View Post
        Battersea New Cemetery comes under London Borough of Wandsworth. Here are the contact details for burial records.

http://www.wandsworth.gov.uk/a_to_z/...burial_records
        Thanks the replies. Wandsworth will be my next port of call!

Comment

Working...
        X