Lost after 1841

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost after 1841

In 1841 Ruth Hiles and 2 daughters are in Malmesbury in Wiltshire. Ruth is stated to be 45, and both her daughters 15. None are born in county.

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/iexec?h...=&pid=14696769

In Jun Q 1879 there is a death entry for Ruth Hiles aged 86 in Williton, Somerset. which might be her.

However I can find no trace of Ruth or her daughters after 1841 - can anyone else see them anywhere?

(If they are the ones I think they are, they come from Stroud area in Gloucestershire, Emma and Esther were both christened in 1829, along with brother John, and they were non-conformists. Ruths' husband was William, but I think he died in 1832)

Thanks
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Did either of the daughters marry between 1841 & 1851, do you know?

Jay
    Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

1861 - Williton Somerset

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/iexec?htx=view&r=5538&dbid=8767&iid=SOMRG9_1601_16 06-0817&fn=Ruth&ln=Hiles&st=d&ssrc=&pid=17906178

Jay
      Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

What about this ?

Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

STG
        Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

Comment

In Jun Q 1879 there is a death entry for Ruth Hiles aged 86 in Williton, Somerset. which might be her.
          She was buried on 15th April 1879 at Stogumber.Blessed Virgin Mary. Somerset

Moggie

Comment

STG, that one fits perfectly, as all of them vanished after 1841. I'll see if I can find out more in US records. Thanks everyone.
            Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

Working...
            X