tranferred data and it's linked up all wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tranferred data and it's linked up all wrong

Need some advise....just transferred over from an old (free version) of PDF from Church of LDS to FTM 2012. So loaded the new program then opened my GEDCOM file which seemed to be okay. However I've now noticed that when I scroll through a family line it has gone wonkie.

Example: My tree opens with my daughter as the main name and when I scroll through her paternal line back to the first ancestor b1740 it now shows his children as the wrong ones and then his name is followed my another name which happens to be my nephew.

Hope this makes sense what can I do to correct this as I think several lines are doing the same thing.

Does seem a bit odd because normally a GEDCOM file would transfer between genealogy programs without problem.

I presume the program you were using was PAF (not PDF)?
    How old was your PAF program?

I am thinking it might be worthwhile downloading a more up to date PAF version, getting your old PAF file into that and then trying a new export.
    Elaine

Comment

thansk Elaine...I've now checked through my tree and it's just the one line. As I said it opens with my daughter as home person then when I scroll down my husbands paternal line it shows the final ancestor I have as Thomas Greenway born 1747 with children born before his birth so it looks like one ancestor is missing. Then where there should be this missing name it shows my husbands nephew Michael born 1976 but has the missing persons children listed. I will try to download a new PAF program then transfer from that instead of loading my gedcom. Thanks

Comment

Silly question, but have you checked the original PAF file to make sure the line shows correctly there and it hasn't corrupted itself for some reason?
        Elaine

Comment

Working...
        X