Anastatia Furlong born 1807 Shadwell, LONDON

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anastatia Furlong born 1807 Shadwell, LONDON

Shown as Anna Stalia () on the bap register, dau of Luke, gunsmith and Maria. Now Luke and Maria went to Mauritius where Luke died in 1821 but Maria returned home with the kids. But I cant see Anastatia Furlong marrying, dying or anything after her bap in 1807?

No death of the kids is mentioned in a letter in which Maria asks for a pension after Lukes death. It says she is destitute with her 4 young children and back in England. So what happened to Anastatia? Anyone please. There are a few with this name but mostly in the Liverpool area, as its quite a common Irish first name and Furlong is also Irish.

Free BMD has a marriage for an "Annestatia Furlong" in Liverpool in Q3 1838. There are a number of couples on the same page, so haven't tried to find out which one of the chaps she married.

STG
    Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

Comment

Annastatia Furlong dau of Mark Furlong plumber and grazier married Edward Cooper, parish record on A******* one down!
      Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
      http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

Lancashire BMD will answer your question - http://www.lancashirebmd.org.uk
        They married at Liverpool, St. Anne, and Annestatia FURLONG's groom was Edward COOPER.

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

When Maria moved back to England with the 4 children, where did she move to?
          Elaine

Comment

Thanks guys but Im afraid those Liverpool/Lancs ones arent her - its a commonish irish name and in that area of course, lots of irish. But dad was definitely Luke, a gunmaker born in London.

She arrived in southampton and went back to London Elaine. The letter pleading for a pension was sent on her behalf by a London solicitor. Plus all her siblings and in laws/parents were in London, so Ive no doubt thats where she would have returned. May be Anastasia died in Mauritius and its just not mentioned any where. Thanks for trying everyone.
            Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 28-08-12, 20:07.

Comment

Do you have any of the family in the 1841 census Heather?
              What are the names of Anastatia's siblings?
              I did wonder if this was Maria's burial ??
              Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Heather Positive Thinker View Post
                It says she is destitute with her 4 young children and back in England..
                Just found a tree on Ancestry with 5 children listed .. haven't verified them .. but perhaps Anastatia didn't return to UK ?

Elaine

Comment

i would think luke and anastasia died in mauritius. though unless someone has already done the work for you, mauritius is quite difficult.

there is a mailing list:

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

someone there may be able to help. otherwise, you would have to know where in mauritius it was likely the family were and email the archives- though they are notoriously slow and i personally sent an email 2 years back which was never answered.

Comment

Thanks for looking everyone. The tree is a distant relative of mine Elaine, I think he is actually on here now too

Its looking likely Anastasia died in Mauritius though isnt it. Strange no mention made but then it wasnt such a rare occurrence then was it. I did note looking at Mauritius records that there was a big cholera outbreak around that time.

Many thanks for help though, much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                    X