Help Finding Death Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Finding Death Please

Have done more digging and believe I have the right Andrew Robertson and family. I am trying to find where he died. It doesn't look like he died in Ayrshire or if he did I am not searching the right variables :o.
    Based on childrens marriage certificates and census I believe he died somewhere in Scotland between 11th September 1874 and 3/4 April 1881. He is listed as deceased on his son's marriage certificate 30th December 1881, and missing from that census in that year.

He will have been born in Kirkmichael - census details vary widely from 1823 to 1829. He will have been married to Sarah Saunders and his last listed occupation in the 1871 census is Joiner, but he has also previously been an iron and coal miner.

Any help/hints warmly welcomed.

Andrew Robertson who was married to Sarah Saunders died on 17th June 1879 at Craigbank,New Cumnock,Ayrshire.
    His age was 43yrs.Occupation master joiner,parents Andrew Robertson & Mary Shane. The informant was his son in law Quinton Paton.
    As I had a few credits I did a quick search on Scotlands People.If you send me your email I will let you have
    a copy of the death record.
    Rgds Matt.
    My avatar is my fathers father,name unknown.............................

Comment

OMG thank you so much - will pm you! I couldn't find it on there? I was searching ...obviously not well enough!

Comment

Have sent copy of Andrews death record to you.Hope it helps.
        There is a posting on the Rootschat forum at the moment regarding an Andrew Robinson,is that you.
        Matt.
        My avatar is my fathers father,name unknown.............................

Comment

Thank you Matt I got it.

It could be me? Monica there has been helping go further and making sense of all these people. It has raised loads more questions. Whilst I know for certain who William is and know who is parents are and have a marriage date for them. That is as far as I can be sure.

Everything else seems guess work now. I just have tonnes of questions now and not sure where to start for answers.

Comment

Working...
          X