elusive Campbells,1891.1901,marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• elusive Campbells,1891.1901,marriage

In the 1881 census Alexander and Mary Ann Campbell are living in Liverpool with five children;John(head)21,Alexander 17,Caroline 19,Mary Ann 7 and George 5.Piece3603,Folio99,page21.
    I lost track of all except John after this.(Except for the time Alex junior was accused of murder in1884).
    In 1911 John and his wife Helena and two of their children have living with them Annie McKenna aged 24,married for 4 years,sister of John and also her three children;Patrick 2 and twin girls of 7months.
    At first I thought that Annie would not be John's sister as there would be a 25 year age gap,but it is possible as the mother would be about 46 at the time of her birth in 1887.
    There are several possibilities of births between 1886 and 1888.
    I would have expected to find her aged about 4 in 1891 but I cannot.In 1901 I can find an Annie Campbell aged 14 as a domestic servant(piece3478,folio95,page6).
    I cannot find a marriage for her to anyone called McKenna about 1886/7

So......can anyone find Annie in 1891? Can anyone find her marriage?
    Thank you
    Fran

Have you had a look at Lancs BMD, so see if there are any likely matches there - possibly with not-exact surnames?

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Yes Christine,I have looked there,but had no luck.
      Fran

Comment

Well it's not just me, then! I couldn't see anything but had thought that someone with a direct interest might spot something that I didn't.

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thank you for trying Christine.
          Fran

Comment

I have been looking under Annie Keleher in case she was Helena's sister and not Johns' but no luck with a marriage I'm afraid.
            Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Thank you for trying Chrissie.Clever you finding out the Keleher name!
              Fran
              Last edited by fran; 26-08-12, 19:35.

Comment

You probably already know this site but just in case, for Liverpool Catholic families www.liverpoolhistoryprojects.co.uk is always worth a look, & can be very useful in ruling out possible births. It won't help with your current search but there are 2 baptisms of the Campbell/Kelle(he)r children indexed there which don't seem to be on Ancestry.
                Good luck with your search!

Comment

Thanks Arilla, I agree it is a useful website ,just not on this occasion worse luck!
                  Fran

Comment

Working...
                  X