Charles/Charlie Peacock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charles/Charlie Peacock

I know I'm bothering you, again but I've ran into another puzzle.

My maternal Nanna is origonally a Peacock. her father was called Chales but people always called him Charlie.

I've found a search for a father named Charles Peacock, Wife of Annie. In the 1911 census I found the below information located at Stockton-On-Tees, Yorkshire. The only thing that I know about Charlie is that he was a sailor and that he had 2 daughters. My Nanna and her sister. I've calculated the dates and if the son is the Charlie that I'm looking for then he'd have been around 36 when he had my Nanna. How can I confirm that he's the correct one?

Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

Work back from what you know. You know your grandmother's maiden name was Peacock. You should be able to find her birth registration in the Ancestry BMDs or possibly in freeBMD. This should give you the maiden name of her mother.
    Depending on how unusual this is you may be able to find a marriage for your great grandparents.

Is your grandmother deceased? If so put her name and year of birth on here and we can see what we can find for you.
    If your grandmother is alive then send me the details in a private message and I'll take a look for you.
    Elaine

Comment

What information does her birth certificate give about her father ...name/age/occupation ?

Have you got a copy of her parent's marriage certificate ?

Putting the information from those, together with the census should help you decide if you have the right family or not.
      Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
      Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

The image for this census shows the head as an marine engine fitter, born Bishopton, Durham
        herky
        Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Working...
        X