Ftm 2012 offer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ftm 2012 offer

Just had an e-mail offering FTM 2012 for 27.99 Aust (about 18 odd pounds St). Is this a good deal or is the next Ancestry

update getting ready to be released. I have never left Ancestry 2006, cause I thought it was the best one ever released but

think it is probably time to upgrade.
    Last edited by grumpy; 23-08-12, 21:55.
    Whoever said Seek and Ye shall find was not a genealogist.

David

Do you know if it is the Platinum version of FTM2012 - which comes with a free 6 month sub to Ancestry?
    If it is then it's a very good deal. The free 6 month sub is worth more than £50 in itself!

The "average" going rate in Europe for FTM2012 is about £30 although for those living in the UK they might be able to get it from Tesco (supermarket) via their points card for about £20 or maybe from somewhere like PC World for just under the £30 mark.
    Elaine

Comment

There is no mention of Platinum version in the offer - which came via e-mail, except they are also offering with FTM a "Photo explosion album"

where you can store and manipulate any photos you may wish to add in due course. Still it would seem that it is a good bit cheaper than the European

going rate (normal rate here is 57.99 Aust dollars which is approx the same as the normal rate in Europe). What is the main difference between 2012

(presumably standard) and platinum ? Cheers

David

Comment

The only difference, as far as I am aware, between the standard FTM2012 and the platinum package is that the latter comes with a free 6 month sub to Ancestry.
        The platinum package also comes with a small instruction book - not sure if this included in the cheaper packages.
        Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine,
          I think my sub to A runs out Feb or March anyway although I believe that the 6 months sub of the platinum package would just be tacked

on to end of the sub period. Believe that it sounds like a good deal and will probably go ahead in a day or two. The offer lasts till 25 Sept I think without

looking at my e-mail.

Cheers (I like your current temp, beats ours at the moment, a really rotten winters day)

David

Comment

If you are buying from the UK then it's always worth checking the prices on TWR Computing, which is where I normally buy from. Their prices include worldwide postage.
            A wide range of family tree software with free support and postage. Nationwide directories to help you trace your ancestors.

As to the temperature - would happily pass it over to you at the moment. 24 degrees and it is not yet 9 o'clock in the morning! Expected to reach mid 30s this afternoon and the humidity is high. Thank goodness for aircon!
            Elaine

Comment

Just did my order thru the US of A. 27.99 US means it is slightly cheaper in Oz dollars. :o

Good mob is TWR. Once put in an order on a Monday evening and received the order in Wednesdays mail, accounting for the time diff not bad from

Uk to here.
              Last edited by grumpy; 24-08-12, 07:20.

David

Comment

Working...
              X