Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Godfrey Thomas Bradley b. 1872 d.1948

Hi All

I would really like to find out more about my Great Grandfather - I only just found his correct date of death - but cant find a probate/cemetery

I found out he was the Colonial Secretary for Ceylon which is interesting - but wondered if anyone could use their resources to give me some more info on him - unfortunatly he died before my dad was born and my grandpa died just after I was born so the info trail is very weak

1872 Mar Birth Habergham Eaves, Lancashire, England
    1881 Age: 9 Habergham Eaves, Lancashire, England
    1891 Age: 19 Ightenhill Park, Lancashire, England
    1898 Age: 26 Occupation Ceylon Colonial Secretary
    1908 Apr Age: 36 Marriage Lancashire, United Kingdom
    1917 1 Jun Age: 45 Arrival Plymouth, England
    1948 Sep Age: 76 Death Chichester, Sussex, England

Any help would be great!

Thanks
    Rob
    Last edited by robbrad; 23-08-12, 15:16.

Rob,
    I have moved your query to our Research forum - hope someone will be able to help.
    Elaine

Comment

Thank you - sorry I got the topic wrong

Comment

You could try this site to see if he is buried in Chichester http://www.chichester.gov.uk/index.c...&contactid=233 and it might be worth getting his death certificate to see who the informant was as if it was his wife it might be her probate you need to find.

Of course he may not have left anything requiring a will/probate.

Margaret

Comment

You could also try this site as one of the members might be able to help http://www.sfhg.org.uk/

Margaret

Comment

Hi, someone on ancestry.co.uk has a LOT of information about him - including documents by the looks of it. Do you have an ancestry sub? There are also quite a few crossings as a passenger from the east and Australia to England. They also have the Bradley tree back to the 17th century.
            Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 23-08-12, 16:25.

Comment

Wow thank you Margaret - save me some time there I have sent off for grave inscriptions

Heather - I do have a Ancestry sub! did you happen to see the user name or the tree name?

Thanks
              Rob

Comment

Ah .. its not me is it?

Comment

There are two trees besides yours on ancestry and the user names are tjdugdale and Susan Richards. If you haven't already been in touch you might do that and see what they've got that might help you.

Margaret

Comment

Working...
                  X