Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jane hardwick

Hi everyone,

I wonder if any one could help,I am am trying to gain any information on Jane Hardwick born 1817 in south caves,
    she died in Barnsley sth yorks in 1872 aged 55.
    I know she married Robert Stather and that she had Sarah.1838 William 1840,George 1844 and other children as well.
    If possible i would like to know of any of her side of the family (mother,father,siblings)or would i need to attain the birth or
    marriage certificates.

Thanks for reading

Dorcus

Hello Dorcus,

I am really sorry I can't help but wanted to say hello as I grew up in Barnsley. *waves* Would you not be able to get the death certificate from Barnsley Registry Office? That should have her parents details on at least which would be a start?

Have you also tried ancestry.co.uk? I don't know what other resources there are for England I am neck deep in my husbands side which is all in Scotland.

Welcome to the forum

Comment

Dorcus, the first thing you need to get is her marriage certificate to Robert Stather. That would give the name of her father and his occupation.
      You then need to try to look for her baptism in parish registers - there would be no birth certificate for her because she was born before the start of civil registration in 1837.

Unfortunately the death certificate will not help you as the English ones do not contain details of parents.
      Elaine

Comment

Can you just confirm how you know Jane's maiden is was Hardwick? Do you have one of the children's birth certificates.
        Elaine

Comment

Hi Elaine
          Thanks for your reply,yes i have the birth certificate of thier daughter Sarah.I also have some bastardy recognizances and order files for Robert Stather and Jane Hardwick which i think is for thier daughter Sarah as she i think was born out of wedlock.

Comment

That's good. Was just concerned because there is another Jane (Jane Marshall) with the same reference number in freeBMD.
            Elaine

Comment

Working...
            X