World wide ancestry anyone please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World wide ancestry anyone please?

I wondered if anyone had Mauritius in world wide ancestry. One of mine, a Luke Furlong b c 1778 died before 1823 (wife stated as widow in her fathers will in 1823) but he doesnt appear to have died London. I know two of the sons ended up in Mauritius marrying girls of french ancestry. Im wondering if mum and dad went with them to Mauritius (all gunmakers/smiths) possibly with the navy? Luke senior died there and mum returned to London alone :(

Can't see anything useful on the Ancestry.com site.
    Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine.

Comment

here is a mailing list:

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

mostly in french, but google translator does a great job of translations now. mauritius is notoriously difficult, but maybe someone can help you?

Comment

Hi Heather,
          Have you seen this?

Furlong: Dear Robert My distant relations were gunmaker... Read more on Genealogy.com!

Jay
          Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Thanks Kyle.

Oh Janet, brilliant - yes, thats my man. I see it was a connection to the military that took him out there then And a death date. Wonder if the chap who put that on is still active after so many years.

Comment

Blow me, they must have bred like rabbits over in Mauritius. I did a general google with the name and Mauritius and up came lots of stuff, actors, musicians (even a you tube of one guitarist playing in Australia!), ministers, company owners. I shall have to follow that up, as some of them may well have some interesting docs or photos.

Comment

Oh, brilliant, guess what, someone has contacted me who has a letter from my GreatAunt x 3 sister of my GGMx3) who went to Mauritius with Luke Furlong - when he died she wrote to England for help getting back to London. Oh I cant wait. Just shows how things still turn up when you least expect them.

Comment

oh so pleased for you heather!!

Comment

Working...
                  X