Naylors of Glasgow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naylors of Glasgow

Does anyone have any information on Elizabeth and William J. Naylor who lived at 26 Scotstoun Street, Glasgow in 1944?
    It is possible Elizabeth is originally from Yorkshire as this was William's home.

Welcome to the forum.
    Can you confirm whether or not Elizabeth and William Naylor are deceased as we do not allow the names of living people to be posted on the open forum.
    Elaine

Comment

Hi Elaine,

William Jennings Naylor (my father) died in 1967 age 63. I came across a US document regarding his arrival at New York on the Queen Mary in 1944. He had been shipped by the Ministry of War Transport to join a merchant ship, and listed his next of kin as Elizabeth Naylor, wife, 26 Scotstoun Street, Glasgow. I have no other information, but assuming they were of a similar age Elizabeth would most likely have been born around 1900 -1910. I have been unsuccessful in obtaining any record of the marriage which may have taken place in Scotland, or in Yorkshire where my father's family resided.

I am looking for BMT information, most likely from someone's Family Tree.
      Thanks

Comment

Have you looked for the marriage on ScotlandsPeople? And your father would be old enough to appear somewhere in the 1911 census, which would hopefully give you his parents.
        Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

There is a William Jennings Naylor on the 1911 census
          Born 1904, Walkley, Yorkshire

Household
          Randolph Naylor age 35 = occupation: Wortle Plate Pricker for Wire Drawing
          Beatrice Naylor age 33
          William Jennings Naylor age 7
          Beatrice Naylor age 2
          Edna Phylliss Naylor - age 1

Randolph and Beatrice shown as having been married for 8 years, 3 children born alive, 3 children still living.

Street Address: 39 Parsonage Crescent Walkley Sheffield

Elaine

Comment

There is a tree on Ancestry which shows that he married in 1924 to Doris Rogers Huteson.
            Might be worth contacting the tree submitter.

Elaine

Comment

There is no marriage coming up for a William Naylor to an Elizabeth between 1922 and 1955 on Scotlands People I'm afraid.
              Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Thanks to all, your assistance is greatly appreciated. I had the information for my father when he lived in Yorkshire, and after he moved to Canada. The Manifest of Alien Passengers for the US Immigrant Inspector at New York in April 1944 however, came as a complete surprise.

Jim
                Last edited by naylorcj; 16-08-12, 18:41.

Comment

Working...
                X