Trying to find what happened to Mary Ellen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to find what happened to Mary Ellen

I am coming back to my research on this one after quite a long time.

Mary Ellen Ball b.1857 Wigan (2x Gt Grandmother)
    Parents:John Ball b.1833 & Margaret Taylor 1831

On 9.3.1875 Mary Ellen Ball married Joseph Dickenson at the Primitive Methodist Church
    Knowlwood,Todmorden BMD 9A300. Joseph was a Railway Clerk of Southport & a Lay Preacher.

They had 2 children Alexander b.1876 & Margaret Amelia b.1878
    They were living at 93 Barnet St West Derby,Liverpool.

Sadly Joseph died June qtr 1879 8B368 BMD West Derby
    The family were split up with Alexander being brought up by his paternal grandparents &
    Margaret by her mother who returned to her parents home in Wigan

In Sept qtr 1888 Mary Ellen married again to a John Broadhurst ( shoemaker) at Our Lady of Nicholas & St Anne in Liverpool.

In the 1891c they are boarders living at 14 Milk St Windle,St Helens RG12/3020/f 76p42
    Margaret is still with her grandparents in Wigan.

This is now where my trail goes cold as I cannot find Mary Ellen after 1891.

I do know that Margaret her daughter was living in Scholes Wigan in 1896 as that is where my
    Gran Agnes was born.Then in 1898 Harold was born.2mnths later they moved to Winton Eccles.

I cannot find Mary Ellen at all & I would like to get closure on this one.

Can anyone help me with this please?

Bettyespana
    ​Bettyespana

Just looking at the 1891 census record on ancestry and see that some with the user name kandar20 has submitted an amendment to the transcript so it may be worth contacting them to see if they are related and have any further information on Mary Ellen and John.

Margaret

Comment

There's a tree on ancestry with Mary Ellen in it and showing her death in 1899 in Wigan. The username is GRAHAMBALL84 - if you don't have a sub to ancestry let me know and I will contact him for you.

Margaret

Comment

This looks like the death that has been used - the age is a bit out though, but perhaps the tree owner has some other evidence to confirm this is the right person

Mary Broadhurst
        Estimated Birth Year: abt 1855
        Date of Registration: Apr-May-Jun 1899
        Age at Death: 44
        Registration district: Wigan
        Inferred County: Lancashire
        Volume: 8c
        Page: 64

Comment

Originally posted by margaretmarch View Post
          This looks like the death that has been used - the age is a bit out though, but perhaps the tree owner has some other evidence to confirm this is the right person

Mary Broadhurst
          Estimated Birth Year: abt 1855
          Date of Registration: Apr-May-Jun 1899
          Age at Death: 44
          Registration district: Wigan
          Inferred County: Lancashire
          Volume: 8c
          Page: 64
          Hello Margaret,

Thank you for the info you found.I used to have a sub with Ancestry before moving to Spain but no longer
          I would appreciate any help you could assist me with.I do have a feeling that I may have come across GrahamBall in
          the past however I am probably wrong,

Kind regards
          Betty
          ​Bettyespana

Comment

Working...
          X