X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying again!

I've posted this previously, but will try it again:

there is an online entry for an obituary:
    SWEET, Phyllis Rose (QUESNEL); 94; St Peter Port GSY CHI; Guernsey P; 2005-5-29; kbutler

I'd really like to have the obit. I tried the GenSoc for the CI, but for whatever reason, she couldn't locate it.

Any suggestions?!!

what website did you find that entry on? have you tried contacting the site?
    Margaret

Comment

found the site and digging around the obit is from the Guernsey Press and the contributor does no give an email contact address so I think the only way you can get is it to mail the paper and see if they will send it.

Margaret

Comment

here's a link http://www.thisisguernsey.com/guernsey-press/contacts/

Comment

Thanks, Margaret!

Comment

Quick email, and a few days later - Eureka, Guernsey Press & Star comes thru.

Thanks, Margaret, and Thanks Guernsey Press

Comment

Great! glad to be of help and in fact I have been inspired to ask the same newspaper if they have anything about one of my lot who committed suicide in Ventnor IOW and who I'm trying to find a bit more about - he lived in London so I was not expecting to find his death in IOW.

Margaret

Comment

Well, I will say - this wasn't really an obit, but rather a "funeral report" - it listed everyone who attended, but no bio or genealogy for her. That was true for the others on the page, too. So if the funeral wasn't held there, not sure they'll have much, but maybe his death made the news?

Comment

Sometimes the list of mourners helps to identify family members and their offspring.

I was hoping that there might have been a report of the inquest as the death cert shows there was one and in that case maybe a report in the newspaper. I would also like to find out where he was buried.

He did get a mention in The Times has having 'died suddenly' which confirmed he was my relative because he was shown as brother to my 6x great grandfather - just would like to have a bit more information if there's any to be had.

Margaret
                  Last edited by margaretmarch; 18-08-12, 08:53.

Comment

Working...
                  X