Looking for Millie Buckett !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Millie Buckett !

Helping a friend with her tree and hit a brickwall. Can anyone see something that might help?

1911 census
    RG14; Piece: 1232

Charles Wright b 1876 Clerkenwell - occ. Carman
    Millie Wright b1878 Clerkenwell
    Nellie Wright b 1900 Clerkenwell
    Rosie Wright b1902 Clerkenwell
    Millie Wright b1906 Clerkenwell

1901 census
    RG13; Piece: 191; Folio: 164; Page: 27

Charles Wright c 1878 Clerkenwell
    Millie Wright c1875 Hoxton
    Nellie Wright c 1900 Islington

Birth certificate for Millie Wright born 1906 shows father as Charles Wright and mother as Millie Wright, maiden name Buckett.

Am looking for a marriage between Charles and Millie, as well as anything prior to the 1901 census.

Thanks.

Elaine

There's a plausible family in 1891 in Willesden - on FMP the family name appears to be BECKETT, and there's a daughter, Amelia, of the right sort of age, born St Pancras.

In 1881 they are in St Pancras.

Christine
    Last edited by Christine in Herts; 12-08-12, 13:35.
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I can't see a plausible marriage, though, to a Charles WRIGHT... or not yet, anyway!

(edit) I see that the marriage should have taken place ca 1897-98, according to the 1911.

Christine
      Last edited by Christine in Herts; 12-08-12, 13:47.
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Just to confuse the issue, there's a 1902 baptism for a Nellie Rose WRIGHT, d/o Henry Charles (carman) & Nellie WRIGHT, of 8 George's Rd, Islington.

However, I can't spot baptisms for the other names. There is a baptism which could have been for the child who'd died before 1911, but that clashes with Millie, 1906, because it's for an Arthur, b 22 May, s/o Henry Charles (carman) and Nellie May WRIGHT, of 64 Napier St. This time it's in Hoxton.

Christine

Comment

I note that the 1911 entry for Millie, senr, was transcribed in FMP as "Nellie" because it had been overwritten. That highlights the fact that Millie and Nellie could look quite similar in handwritten sources - indeed, they aren't so very different, even when typed!

Christine

Comment

There's a Southwark couple having children baptised at a similar time: Charles WRIGHT and Alice Amelia. "Amelia" can be abbreviated to "Millie".

But Southwark seems wrong.

Christine

Comment

Thanks for looking Christine.

Even using Nellie, Millie or Amelia, I still cannot see a possible marriage to a Charles Wright! According to 1911 census they had been married for 13 years.
              Elaine

Comment

From ancestry -

There is a baptisim for Rose Amelia Wright, dau of Charles (carman) and Amelia Wright of 216 New North Road. Born 16 Aug 1901. bap 15 Sept 1901 in Islingston St Mary.

bcbrit
                Last edited by bcbrit; 12-08-12, 16:39.
                George, Uren, Toy - Cornwall. Barrows, Blair, Bowyer, Freeth, Green, Manie - London

Comment

Also from ancestry - a possible marriage but no groom, plus the page is very hard to read.

June Q 1894 Marylebone 1a - 11?2
                  Minnie Amelia Bucket

Minnie's in my family were originally Mary.

bcbrit

Scrap this - found her in freebmd - neither groom was a Wright.
                  Last edited by bcbrit; 12-08-12, 16:48.
                  George, Uren, Toy - Cornwall. Barrows, Blair, Bowyer, Freeth, Green, Manie - London

Comment

Thanks for trying bcbrit.
                    Elaine

Comment

I wonder if she is Emily Buckee ??
                      1881 RG11 402 18 29
                      1891 RG12 251 150 88 born abt 1877 Hoxton

Comment

Thanks for looking Val.
                        I think Emily Buckee marries in 1901 to George Cox
                        - http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...69&recoff=9+10
                        Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by maudarby View Post
                          Hi Elaine
                          Have you seen this baptism?
                          http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...=0%3a21318%3a0
                          2 entries for the same baptism. Not your Milly as she was born in 1906 but I can't find either her or her mother Milly in 1911 & I can't find a birth registration for her.
                          Moggie
                          I think this is probably the birth
                          source: FreeBMD Birth Index
                          Millie Buckett
                          Jul-Aug-Sep 1905
                          Islington - volume 1b, Page 194
                          Elaine

Comment

Just to muddy the waters; on freebmd it has Charles Wright marrying Millicent Bricknell in 1903 in Paddington - I know its the wrong year but the millicent could be long version of millie and Bricknell written badly could look like Bucket!!!!
                            Angelina

Comment

Ooh, not seen that one Angelina. Thanks - will see if I can follow it through.
                              Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by angelina View Post
                                Just to muddy the waters; on freebmd it has Charles Wright marrying Millicent Bricknell in 1903 in Paddington - I know its the wrong year but the millicent could be long version of millie and Bricknell written badly could look like Bucket!!!!
                                Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
                                Ooh, not seen that one Angelina. Thanks - will see if I can follow it through.
                                I can see a Millicent Bricknell in Westminster in 1900 (shown on baptism of illegitimate son Arthur) - I suppose it could be her marriage in 1903.
                                Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by angelina View Post
                                  Can probably discount that one. According to Ancestry public tree she married George Essex, not Charles Wright!
                                  Elaine

Comment

cannot even find a likely birth for a Buckett Bucket ???

Comment

is it possible millie was married previously, and either was widowed or mybe did not marry charles wright?

Comment

Working...
                                      X