Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Emma GOULD, b 1832 Ugborough, Devon - after 1871?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emma GOULD, b 1832 Ugborough, Devon - after 1871?

I don't think I've posted about this - or not for a long time, if my Forum Search is correct...

Emma GOULD was baptised in Ugborough 22 Jul 1832, the d/o John GOULD, labourer, & Sarah (née GLANVILLE, we reckon). The additional info I have for her is:
    1841 HO107/218/7 fo 4 p 3: : age 8; Ugborough
    1851 HO107/1877 fo 440 p 42: age 20, farm servant, pauper; Plympton Workhouse
    22 Dec 1857 son born 35 King Street, St Andrew, Plymouth
    1861 RG9/1431 fo 86 p 1: age 28 "M", dressmaker; lodger (Benjn Lethbridge & fam) Collins Park, Compton Gifford
    1871 RG10/2109 fo 73 p 33: age 36, dairymaid; Higher Compton

After 1871, I haven't managed to find anything for her about which I can be confident.

These are the snippets I've picked over:
    ?d 1871q2 age 42 Plympton St Mary 5b-155 OR
    ?d 1871q3 age 40 Plympton St Mary 5b-149

?m 1876q4 SD 5b-698 William HAMBRIDGE (Henry GILL & Caroline BUDD Hy & Caro in 1881)
    BUT - 1881 Henry, 30, & Caroline, 29, GILL in Clowance, D'port & Caroline BUDD b Edmonton 1853q1 3a-128
    d ?1880q4 Emma GILL, age 49, Plymouth 5b-193
    1881:
    1891:
    1901:
    1911: (NOT age 76, W, laundress, b Colleton; household, Wanford, St Thomas, Devon)

If anyone else can spot anything more definitive, or make any suggestions, I'd be grateful for some suggestions!

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

At the moment I haven't found anything more, but I will continue to look later.

It's not really helped by another unmarried Emma Gould being born in Plymstock in 1831. Obviously Plymstock is much closer to Plympton St Mary so part of me questions whether one of the deaths in Plympton is her.

I will continue to look around online. At the moment I am unable to drive and cannot walk very far, therefore I cannot get to the local Archive.
    Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

I think the 3 you have are the best ones to try and tackle. Even tried looking for an Emma in Compton Gifford and I can't find any other matches that might help.
      Can't find any Devon records online to help either
      Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
      http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

Not having much success BUT finding 2 single Emma Goulds in the Pltmstock/Plympton area in 1851/61 census but so far not 71 census, I think the deaths may be these two.

There is also a 20 year old Emma Gould from Stoke Dameral living in Devonport in 1871... so marriage to whoever may well be her

As I expect you have already done, I have searched around Henry with no sucess.

I have also noted an Emma in Exeter through several census but haven't followed her through completely as yet re: 1911.

(or do I mean 81 re deaths... head spinning now. Will have to leave and return fresh if you have not got any further)
        Last edited by bubblebelle; 09-08-12, 21:03. Reason: addition
        Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

Thank you both for looking. I don't feel so bad if other people find her elusive, too!

She doesn't seem to have turned up in the household of son, Henry, either - that would have been another place to look, if I hadn't already traced him and his family through the years. He got married in 1879 to Louisa Ann RUSE (of whom we have photographs, including a four generation one down to OH's father!). He died in 1944.

Christine
          Last edited by Christine in Herts; 09-08-12, 23:29.
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
          X