Dead ends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead ends

I keep coming up against dead ends and would really appreciate some advice or help to get back further in the tree(s):

I have birth and baptism for Caroline Pool 1781 parents James Pool and Grace.....(no surname for Grace and can't find marriage)I've tried several different spellings for 'Pool' (although both C's birth, baptism and marriage all have it the same way)

I have baptism for Rachel Blanch 1781 but can't find marriage for parents James Blanch and Sarah......I can find several siblings for Rachel, but no marriage for parents to find out Sarah's name.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

In what places did the events occur?

Jay
    Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

These records may not be on the internet and you will have to go to the relevant Records Office in order to search parish registers.

OC

Comment

There is a marriage for James Pool and Grace Jenkins at St Stephen, Bristol on the 3rd June 1773 (link, although I presume your Caroline was the one christened at St James, Westminster in 1781.
        Families Intrested in
        Archer (DBY), Bannister (SFK/STS), Br(o/a)mley (DBY), Darrall (SAL/WAR), Florence (STS), Freeman (WAR), Grimsdell (BKM/STS), Knight (WAR), Sheldrake (SKF), Simpson (LND/STS), Smith (SFK/WAR/WOR), Tatham (LND), Tippin(s) (HEF/WAR), Wagstaff (DBY/NTT), Whitefoot (SAL/WAR)

Comment

I've tried several different spellings for 'Pool'
          You might need to take account of regional accents, too. I have a copy of an early C19th marriage cert (not long after registration started) where the bride (and her father) have clearly signed ASHPOOL, but the person entering up the register had entered the name as ASHPOLE, so that's how it appears on the certificate and in the GRO index.

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
          X