Burial Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burial Help Please

O.H's Grandmother died in 1936 at Clipstone Street London W1 any ideas of any cemeteries I could ring. She died when she was 40 and one of her 'children', who was 10 at the time, is still alive and never knew where she was buried/cremated

Linda

I would try looking for a death announcement in a local newspaper, which will probably give funeral arrangements. (Burial or cremation at any rate.) That would perhaps help to narrow the field down a bit.

Jay
    Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Can you tell us her name Linda?

Moggie

Comment

Try here http://www.rbkc.gov.uk/ for relevant cemeteries - it's the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea which I think covers W1

Margaret

Comment

Hi Moggie,

Her name was Annie Lilian Trowbridge, she died 21st September 1936 at 19 Clipstone Street, W1

Linda

Comment

Thank you Margaret

Linda

Comment

By 1936 the only cemeteries still open were way out in the suburbs and cremation was increasingly common. By the way was Clipstone Street her home address? It's now mostly offices and University buildings.
              Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Hi Uncle John

Yes 19 Clipstone Street was the address where she died and it gives that address for the informant, her husband

Linda

Comment

Clipstone Street, W1 would come under Westminster . Local newspapers may have a death announcment, but there is a very large cemetery only a few miles away at Kensal Green. It is still open for new burials and you can contact them via their website (http://www.kensalgreencemetery.com/). I think it may be worth checking their records first.
                  Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
                  Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

Thankyou Antony, I will try that in the morning

Linda

Comment

Try this link too http://www.westminster.gov.uk/servic...iving/burials/
                      Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Thank you Judith

Linda

Comment

Working...
                        X