Want to order another Cert for same person need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to order another Cert for same person need advice

I ordered a Death Cert for a Hettie Rose as my rellie Harriet called herself Hettie, it turned out to be the wrong one .:(
    Have now found a death for a Hetty Rose about the right age but in a more feasible area, is it likely a Harriet who called herself Hettie or Hetty would have the name Hetty on her Death Cert rather than Harriet ? thanks .

Hope that makes sense ?

A Death Cert contains information given by an informant and it is only as good as the informant's knowledge. If she was known as Hetty, why would anyone think she was really Harriet?

OC

Comment

thanks OC thing is I cannot find her husbands death and if he was the informant then he may have put the name he married her under which was Harriet ?

Comment

well took the plunge and ordered it , do hope this one is right ? its going to be a long long week.

Comment

i hope you have some luck val! your family seems to be unfairly difficult! it may not have been the husband that registered the death. a neighbour or friend maybe?

Comment

I know it doesn't help Val but my Susannah Eleanor Wood was named thus on all census and on her marriage and her sons birth cert, could I find her death could I 'eck as like... it was only through going through the burial microfiche that I found a possible... ELLEN WOOD!..
            Julie
            They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

oh julie how mean! my 4rd great grandmother did that to me, but reversed! she went by wilhelmina, marriage and births cert of kids had it so. could not find a death. then found it under her full name of adolphine augusta scharlotte wilhelmina! she'd had it like that on 2 records, and i didn't think to look under her full name as she never used it!

Comment

I had a problem with great aunt Sarah Ann (named after her mother.) Couldn't find a marriage anywhere. Apparently she was nicknamed May to distinguish her from her mother, married as May S(arah) and her death was registered as May.

Jay
                Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

They are annoying aren't they ? I still cant get over finding my Grandfather Charles Miller under George Lester in 1901? seems it was his stage name ??? as far as I know he only sang in pubs if it hadn't been I had a Birth cert for one of his Daughters and looked at her Birth address in 1901 I would probably never have found them.

Comment

LOL, Val - stage name for singing in pubs!;D

Jay
                    Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

There is one surviving daughter of his left, and when I told her what name I found him under ,she just said oh yes that was his stage name ? wish she had told me that before I had spent ages looking for them.:(
                      Still it all adds to the colour doesn't it?

Comment

well received it today and its a wrong one again so hoped it was the right one.

Comment

Working...
                        X