Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off to Canada in 1923 !!

Hello,
    although I am on Ancestry, I do not have the access to records for emigration sadly. So may I ask for help on the following chap & possibly his family please??

WILLIAM (HENRY) JESSOP, aged 37 left for Halifax, Canada on 26/03/1923 ....... came back later in 1923 !!! I don't know if he took his family with him, wife Nellie/Eleanor Annie & children.

Thank you,
    Margaret.
    Family Names : HALE, GREEN, BROUGH, HARRIS, FARMER, REEVES, MINCHIN, CORNISH, WARD.

Is this your fellow? He was travelling with his wife Ethel May & they are from Derbyshire.

Comment

Sadly I cannot view the link as I am not on Ancestry worldwide. Perhaps I am on the trail of the wrong chap here ( he may have married for a 2nd time) but he was born in Coventry Warwickshire.

Thank you for the info anyway.
      Margaret.
      Family Names : HALE, GREEN, BROUGH, HARRIS, FARMER, REEVES, MINCHIN, CORNISH, WARD.

Comment

found one with that date but he was from Derbyshire ? as above from Prairie Chicken ,wife Ethel

Comment

Did he have a sister called Lilly?
          herky
          Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Ah! I think more research is needed by me to see if William did marry again between 1911 & 1923 ..
            Sorry Herky, it does not look like William had a sister called Lilly.

Thank you all for your help.
            Margaret.

Comment

The Ancestry data indicates:
              SS Saxonia, 3rd class, sailed 16 Mar 1923, arrived 26 Mar 1923
              William Henry Jessop, aged 39, married & travelling with his wife Ethel May Jessop, Place of birth Derbyshire, British, Religion C. of E.
              Citizen of Canada, Returning to Canada, previous address 3793 Beatrice St., Vancouver, BC
              Port of Previous Entry & date: Montreal, Oct 21, 1914
              Port of Departure from Canada: Quebec, Nov 19/22, reason for leaving Canada: Holiday (8 years!?? War, or holiday???)
              Destined to 3793 Beatrice St., Vancouver, BC

Comment

Working...
              X