Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McCollum Ancestry Strabane Northern Ireland - difficulty finding

Hi there

I am searching for McCollum family history from Northern Ireland.
    Anthony Joseph McCollum was born there 1955 in sept. He is desperately tryng to piece his family together .
    Anthony was brought up by his grandparents and his mother was called Mary Ann Devine and his father William J McCollum, but we cant find information on any other relatives. can you help at all please

Welcome to the forum.
    We have a policy of not allowing the names of living persons to be posted on the open forum. Can you confirm that the parents of Anthony are deceased. if not we will have to remove their names from your post.
    If any member feels they can help they would then contact you by the private messaging system so that you could give more details.
    Elaine

Comment

probably best to remove any living people's names from the post. does you friend have his birth certificate? what about his parents marriage?

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
        Welcome to the forum.
        We have a policy of not allowing the names of living persons to be posted on the open forum. Can you confirm that the parents of Anthony are deceased. if not we will have to remove their names from your post.
        If any member feels they can help they would then contact you by the private messaging system so that you could give more details.

the parents are deceased

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
          probably best to remove any living people's names from the post. does you friend have his birth certificate? what about his parents marriage?
          yes he does have his brth certificate, but we cant understand why we cant find his details online or through any geneology site. his father is as prevously mentioned and his grandfather had the dame name as his late dad. His late grandfather was married to a jane conaghan and this is all he has for information. I am trying to get this started for his birthday present in sept.
          I am trying also to get the copy of the original co.tyrone newspaper for when he was born. He has been struggling for a long time to get answers and keeps hitting brickwall.

thankyou most kindly for your response

Comment

the problem is that indexes for ireland BMD's do exist, they are just online. familysearch has one, but only goes up to 1922 or similar i think.

the paternal grandparents raised him? their names were william j. mcollum and jane conaghan? so the family is from tyrone? were the grandparents around for the 1901 and 1911 census? do you know whent he grandparents died? have you got the marriage for the parents, or know that date, so you can apply to the register office for it?

Comment

there is a william james mccollum born dec quater 1922, in milford district of donegal, which i see is a neighbouring county of tyrone.

Comment

Working...
              X