Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rootschat..anyone else had this email!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rootschat..anyone else had this email!!!

Had an email from Rootschat this morning, saying that I had requested a new password, with a link to click on.

I hadn't, so I went on the site and signed on as usual with my usual password and got in.

Glad I didn't click on that link!

Linda

Not had that one but for quite some time now I have a yellow block on this page telling me that my e-mail provider has informed FTF that my e-mail address registered with FTF is no longer active and that I can update by clicking here. The block has been there for several months and my e-mail address has not been changed..I don't know a lot about computers but I feel sure that if my e-mail address was no longer active there would be no point in sending me the message.

Comment

Nothing for my on either site but Roots isn't always letting me in due to "being busy".
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
      My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
      My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

If you hover the cursor over a supposed link (NOT click on it), you can usually see where it's really going if you look in the bottom bar of the window. If I do that to Glen's link, it shows exactly the same URL as shows when you look at it (as you would expect from Glen), but if you do the same with links on (e.g.) phishing emails, you see a completely different URL.

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I didn't know that Christine..thankyou

Linda

Comment

Working...
          X