Advice please. Unable to access email: TalkTalk and Google

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice please. Unable to access email: TalkTalk and Google

Trying to open webmail. Google just produces page of encryption codes. For TalkTalk, McAfee says:
    Risky connection blocked. IP address 84.32.116.155. Program Generic Host Process for Win32 Services.
    So I won't open it.

Other internet sites. like FTF are working OK.

Can someone advise, please. What's likely to have happened and what should/could I do?

Many thanks for any suggestions.

Carol

have you tried going to the talktalk site and accessing your mail there ??
    Our community is packed with information, tips and tricks to get the most from your broadband, gadgets and TV. If you’re unable to find an answer, join us and post a question.
    Last edited by Guest; 31-07-12, 11:04.

Comment

Hi Val,

Thanks for coming back to me.

I was trying the TalkTalk site when I got the McAfee message. Also there were two different pages of print over one another so difficult to navigate around. Have tried again, and made out a message about difficulties with their email platform. so will wait patiently.

Still can't get anything but gobbledygook from Googlemail, nor from any site which offers a telephone contact for help, etc, so still can't work out what's happening with that.

Thank you for trying to help.

Carol

Comment

Update

It appears there is an email outage in my area - and has been for 2 days. The problem has been experienced in various areas for the past 69 days. The technical bods are "working hard to put it right" but have no idea when it will be resolved!

I have been given an address for an alternative web platform, so can access the TalkTalk emails, but it doesn't work on Googlemail, so I'll probably have patiently to sit that one out.

Thank you to members who read my post and puzzled over it with me

Carol

Comment

at least it isnt your end ? good luck

Comment

Carol,

I use mail2web.com
            for both Windows Outlook Express and Gmail. I do find that Gmail always seems to take a little longer. I look at all my mail this way and delete anything I do not want so that I do not clog up my PC with junk.
            Last edited by Margaret N; 31-07-12, 22:29.
            Margaret N
            DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Margaret,

Thank you for that tip. I hadn't heard of mail2web before Customer Services advised me to try it yesterday.

I'll give it another go for googlemail, and wait a bit longer this time

All best,
              Carol

Comment

Hi Val,

Yes, a great relief. I really thought I may have been infected with something. It's always good to be able to blame someone else!

Thank you again for taking an interest,

Warm best wishes,
                Carol

Comment

Working...
                X