Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Signatures ? same or not (sorted, thanks)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signatures ? same or not (sorted, thanks)

william h brown sig.JPGwilliam brown.JPGwould you say these are the same ???

Tricky.

The top loop of the B of Brown is much more compressed in one than the other. And the starting flourish of the W of William/W H is a different shape. But the slope is certainly very similar and the general shape of "Brown" is very similar... though there are only so many ways you can write the name, of course.

If there's a time-gap between the two, then the variations are easily explained away.

My own thought is that they could be the same, but I'd be wary of relying on it.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

thanks Christine for looking , they are almost 30 years apart ?and I know mine has changed a bit , I so want it to be right .

Comment

I'd say no Val, the 'w' is different as is the 'b' even after 30 odd years you'd get used to writing a name in a particular way, the beginning of your name I know for example that I have wrote my name in the same style for a very long time, my 'J' I automatically do with a loop on the top most part of the letter, I do this without thinking, I would imagine that anyone that had a particular style wouldn't change it that much.
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

oh sob sob thanks Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
            oh sob sob thanks Julie
            sorry Val :( wish that I could say for definite though, just in my opinion i'd say they are two different folk. *wonders if we have any folk that are into handwriting on site*?

might help..
            Last edited by Darksecretz; 01-08-12, 21:06.
            Julie

Comment

thanks Julie but I just deleted all the bits I had added as I think your probably right , will come back to it again I dare say.

Comment

thanks Julie but I just deleted all the bits I had added as I think your probably right , will come back to it again I dare say.
                well you are not on your own William Brown is such a hard name to research!.. I know, I have at least 4 in my tree and they are all related!.. cousins father/son etc..
                Julie

Comment

dont know why she married a Brown none of my others have ,its harder to research than my Guttentags come Rose come Guthrie

Comment

dont know why she married a Brown none of my others have ,its harder to research than my Guttentags come Rose come Guthrie
                    praps she fancied abit of normality...lol.
                    Julie

Comment

Thanks everyone I couldn't let this drop so went through it all again yesterday and glad I did ,as I noticed on one bap the mothers name was Ann Elizabeth Rosina ??? mine never had the Rosina bit so investigated further and her surname was Hughes so definitely not mine.
                      At least I wont be wondering now.

Comment

Phew! glad you got that niggle sorted Val..
                        Julie

Comment

I couldn't have rested till I did Julie hate mysteries, thats probably why I do this ;D

Comment

Working...
                          X