Ephraim Illingworth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ephraim Illingworth?

Found a lovely old book today in Tewkesbury (only £1). It was presented to Ephraim Illingworth in 1915 for regular attendance at sunday school in Wyke yorkshire area. I'm assuming he was born from about 1900- 1912? as he's in the boys class.

Its in lovely condition so he obviously took good care of it.

I cant find any record of him anywhere, any ideas please?

the only ones I can find are much too old

Comment

I've got an Ephraim in my tree and he called himself Edward ????

Comment

I found a death for an Ephraim Illingworth in North Bierley, near Bradford, Yorkshire in 1910, but he was 68 when he died - a bit too old for Sunday School I would have thought. ;) Wyke is near Bradford and in North Bierley reg dist.
        On 1911 census there are Illingworth families in North Bierley, with 12 year old Herbert, one with a 6 year old Hubert, one with a 10 year old Joseph but no Ephraim.

Maybe he was known as Ephraim in memory of his grandfather/father?
        My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

Thank you all, I was wondering if it was a middle name or perhaps he had the same name as his father & so used his middle name.

Cheers X

Comment

I just found that Hubert too , but no Ephraim of about the right age

Comment

makes you wonder how the book got to gloucestershire.

Comment

And if it's regular attendance, it's unlikely to be the teacher! (Even if he/she did attend reguarly)

Christine
                Last edited by Christine in Herts; 27-07-12, 19:19.
                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
                X