Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help finding record's from Dublin

Hi all im new here so if this is in the wrong spot please forgive me

Im trying to search my Great grandmother, Elizabeth Ann Evans.

I have her Marrige Certificate from australia this indicates that she was born in Dublin aproximatly 1886.

In Aus i can look for cetificates from our state records http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/familyHist...calRecords.htm

Is there anything like this in ireland?

Sorry if this is silly im new to researching the family tree :o

Thanks

Yes you can get certs from Ireland - I ordered a couple a few months back.
    They are quite cheap too if you only want photocopies for family research and not certified ones.
    The way I did it was to download the form from the General Register Office in Roscommon and fill it out with as much info as I had.
    I posted it off and got the certs about 3 weeks later.
    I did it by credit card so they could deduct the certs plus postage but I think it worked out at about £4 per cert.

On checking with ancestry you will find a possible birth - but probably worth going through it in more detail as there are lots of Elizabeth Evans -
    Elizabeth Anna EVANS b 1st quarter 1886m Dublin South.
    Volume 2
    Page 635
    FHL film no. 101061
    Anyway have a look and see what you think - all the best.

herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Thanks herky!!

I am on ancestory but havnt figured out how to get it to search outside of aus yet. I have her parents names on the marrige cetificate so i can put that info into ancestory as well to narrow down the search iv only just started on ancestory so still trying to figure out how to use it too.

Thankyou for that link ill contact them to see if they will send info overseas

Comment

Originally posted by Rainy View Post
        Thanks herky!!

I am on ancestory but havnt figured out how to get it to search outside of aus yet. I have her parents names on the marrige cetificate so i can put that info into ancestory as well to narrow down the search iv only just started on ancestory so still trying to figure out how to use it too.

Thankyou for that link ill contact them to see if they will send info overseas
        They do send overseas as many millions of Irish people have emigrated all over the world!

I'm not sure the parents names will help on a search of ancestry as the database does not have this information - it is simply an index of names registered over time. However the parents names will help GROI as they can look at the actual register and identify the record you are seeking so I think you need to apply to them - they will search through for the same cost.

Margaret

Comment

Rainy....do you know when she came to Australia? The 1901 and 1911 Irish census are online and she might be on there. I have a stack of Evans family from Ireland but mostly Kerry area.

Comment

You could see if her baptism is on here.

This Irish Government supported, official web site, is dedicated to helping you in your search for records of family history for past generations.
            Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Harrys mum View Post
              Rainy....do you know when she came to Australia? The 1901 and 1911 Irish census are online and she might be on there. I have a stack of Evans family from Ireland but mostly Kerry area.
              No im not sure, where is the census online? ill have a look for her and see what turns up.

Comment

Originally posted by WendyPusey View Post
                You could see if her baptism is on here.

http://www.irishgenealogy.ie/welcome.html
                thankyou for that website, i had a quick look but could not find her. Im begining to wonder if the information on the marrige certificate is correct maybe the names have been written incorectly.

What i have is Elizabeth Ann Evans born dublin daughter of William Evans and Mary Hand/Hart (the writing is hard to read)

Thankyou every one for your help
                Last edited by Rainy; 25-07-12, 12:54.

Comment

Try this census page. Parents William and Mary.

Wendy

Comment

Well done Wendy. I only got as far as 1901.

Comment

Wow wendy that looks like it could be them !! thank you soo much!! i cant wait to investigate more
                      Last edited by Rainy; 25-07-12, 21:58.

Comment

Hope I've found the right family!

Good luck in your search. I know how hard it is to find anything for Irish ancestors. I have been trying to find information on my Great Grandmother who was born in Dublin in 1865 for several years, and was lucky enough to find a baptism on the Irish Genealogy site, otherwise I would still be looking!
                        Wendy

Comment

Working...
                        X