Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodall 1871, 1891 census

Please can anyone find this family in the 1871 census. NOW FOUND

George Goodall b. c) 1826 but I have found him b in 1830's on census, Quenington Gloucs

Elizabeth Goodall nee James b.1835 I believe in or around Charlton nr Malmsbury Wiltshire,

John Goodall b 1856 Marske Yorkshire

In 1861 the family are living in Bishop Auckland, George is a county constable

George died in 1872, again in Bishop Aukland, his probate record indicates he was an innkeeper?

If anyone is able to find John in 1891 I would also be grateful.

In 1881 he is living in Bishop Auckland, an accountant, and in 1901 he is a dock worker in Southampton, so curiosity spurs me to find out where he was and what he was doing in the interim. On both census he is single.

Elizabeth died in 1877.

Thank you for your time
    Last edited by bubblebelle; 21-07-12, 10:10.
    Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

1871- Piece: 4923. Folio: 50. Page: 42. high bondgate (court inn) bishop auckland.

george goodall- head. 40, b.1831 quenington, gloucester. inn keeper.
    elizabeth- wife. 35, b.1836 charlton, wiltshire.
    john- son. 14, b.1857 marske, yorkshire. scholar.
    susona morgan- 14, b.1857 bishop auckland, durham. servant.

Comment

Thank you.

I couldn't find it anywhere. Thank you. Just for piece of mind did you find it on Ancestry or FMP

The information now confirms I have the right Elizabeth, so that is reassurring
      Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

can't john in 1891. he does not show in durham or hampshire.

Comment

i got it from fmp. i had wondered if ancestry mangled it, because the writing is very clear.

Comment

Thank you again, and now I know I am not completelt incompetent (I have Ancestry)

Thank you for looking for John. I am half wondering if he went to sea. It would follow in the footsteps of his stepfather, which he does in 1881.
            Bubblebelle x

Comment

Sorry Bubblebell - I have tried under John Goodall - J Goodall - Just John and just Goodall but I can' find him I'm afraid.
              Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Thanks for trying Chrissie
                Bubblebelle x

Comment

Working...
                X