Ancestry links to Facebook !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry links to Facebook !

I have a Thomas Robinson b. 1831 and when I looked at his page today on Ancestry there's a hyperlink called "Is Thomas on Facebook?"

Oh come on Ancestry!

Is it likely that someone who would be over 180 years old would have a Facebook account?

Please. Make. It. Stop.

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

STG
    Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

what are they thinking,so funny!

Comment

Probably getting a big payment from Facebook for the advertising, It doesn't have to make sense if it draws your attention and gets you talking about it.

Edna

Comment

I dont like FB anyay

my doubleu is missing on here

Comment

Seems to me FB is getting into everything or getting desperate for new customers. I have a new lappy which has skype installed
          but the only way i can activate it is go thru a FB account which i don,t have nor intend to.:(
          Whoever said Seek and Ye shall find was not a genealogist.

David

Comment

I can search for ancestors on google and they are supposedly on fb, the earlier they are the more likely they are to have an account!!
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
            My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
            My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Why have you got to go through fb to activate skype - I have it on my laptop and didn't.!!!

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

When I went to activate Skype it informed me that the account had to be activated through FB. Haven't had time to go back and see if there

is an alternative way of activating as it isn't high priority.
                Whoever said Seek and Ye shall find was not a genealogist.

David

Comment

Working...
                X