FOUND.... Great Grandmothers Grave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOUND.... Great Grandmothers Grave

Someone on another site suggested a cemetery where she may be, which was Gunnersbury Cemetery, Acton, London.....I rang them and the lady who answered asked me for full name and approx date of death. I had the death certificate so that was no problem.

She was gone a moment and then came back. 'Yes we've got her here' and gave me grave area and number. She said if we go between 9 and 4 Monday to Friday and go to the office someone will take us to the grave.

What a service......guess where we'll be going asap!

Linda

So pleased for you Linda....and what great service.

I'm still trying to track someone who died in Hampshire in 1983, but haven't yet found him :-(

Gwyn

Comment

oh thats lovely news Linda, so nice when you can visit a resting place of a loved one :smilee:
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

i find the local councils are very helpful. i had tremendus luck with grans parents and grandparents in darlington. told me where everyone was buried, down to the grave number and row. and when. and who was cremated and where the ashes ended up.

felixstowe wasn't really helpful. i had to suggest to them that my great grandfather had been cremated, and then they decided to check the registers.....after i gave them all the details on the death cert too!

Comment

So pleased for you Linda. You feel a very personal sense of connection when you can visit a grave.

'The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.' Bertrand Russel.

Comment

Working...
          X